What's new

can bus

marmitemonkey

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord i-ctdi
Hi can anyone help????? Does anyone know anything about can bus? just wonder if my car is or not its a 2004 2.2 i-ctdi
cheers

Lee do you mean canbus for your lights if so then our cars do not have this.

Or do you mean communications with the ECU (under OBD2 protocols)? If so, yes... the connector is somewhere just above and to the right of where your right shin would be whilst driving.

cheers guys answered both questions. If i were to buy a code reader i'd need to get one that does canbus????

It depends on the year. The early 7th gen Accords didn't use Canbus. The later ones did. I'm not sure if it's as clear cut as pre/post facelift. I think some point in the pre-facelift they brought in Canbus (maybe 04-05) but it depends on the year of manufacture on the vin number, not the registration plate.

Fahad knows the answer to this. We were discussing it once in a thread somewhere. Maybe have a search, but use the google search bar. The forum's own search function is naff!

Here's more info on OBDII... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD2#OBD-II ...there is a picture of what the connector looks like and I already told you where to find it.

If you scroll down the page just a little (to the 'EOBD' section) the text suggests that your 2004 should have this connector, as the newly-introduced 2003 model would have been obliged to incorporate it. My Jan 2005 does have one.

OBD2 is the interface, not the protocol.

These cars do have some Canbus functions on the 2006 onwards cars but for entering the engine management system, most conventional OBD readers are fine and compatible.