What's new

Space Saver Wheel

Nipper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 EX Tourer
Hi Guys, Don't know if any body is interested but I have a brand new Space saver wheel plus all the accessories including jack, brace, screw driver and clamp plue the foam bit that goes in the middle. Came out of my now traded in Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer. Looking for £100 for the lot as the wheel alone without all the kit is £169.

Hi JB,

I have a facelift saloon with 18" Delta alloys and would be interested. Do you know if what you have fits in the saloon's boot?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Guys, Don't know if any body is interested but I have a brand new Space saver wheel plus all the accessories including jack, brace, screw driver and clamp plue the foam bit that goes in the middle. Came out of my now traded in Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer. Looking for £100 for the lot as the wheel alone without all the kit is £169.

Hi JB,

I have a facelift saloon with 18" Delta alloys and would be interested. Do you know if what you have fits in the saloon's boot?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Sorry for not replying earlier but I was recently diagnosed with a broken back so things have been a little hectic. I dont know about the saloon but I would guess the space is there. I have the full kit including the clamp and bit that fits in the middle of the whell plus all the tools including the jack, perhaps some others may know?

Regards,

JF

Yep the space saver and the foam tool box fit under the saloon boot floor. Nothing else does. I see on the 'other forum' a guy cant get a 16" alloy to fit under the saloon boot, very small area. Shame as the Tourer has loads of under floor space.

As rich said the space saver fits lovely in the boot and all the tools supplied.

Where did you trade your 2.4 in? I'm on the lookout for one as I want to sell my 2.2idtec and get a 2.4 tourer again, but they are sooooooo rare!

Where did you trade your 2.4 in? I'm on the lookout for one as I want to sell my 2.2idtec and get a 2.4 tourer again, but they are sooooooo rare!

Traded it in at Honda Aberdeen, it did'nt even get onto the forecourt, they had a buter already lined up for it.

Hi JB,

JW again. Hope that you are getting better!

If you still have the wheel etc for sale then I'm very interested and can get up to Ballater area real soon (live in Wishaw, Cenral Scotland) but my hobby is munro bagging, so can get two birds with the one stone as they say.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi JB,

JW again. Hope that you are getting better!

If you still have the wheel etc for sale then I'm very interested and can get up to Ballater area real soon (live in Wishaw, Cenral Scotland) but my hobby is munro bagging, so can get two birds with the one stone as they say.

Cheers,

Jim
Hi Jim,

Sorry for not replying but don't get thread emails anymore. Still have everything if you are interested.

Regards, John F

Yes, definately interested, if you can e-mail jwrmms@gmail.com we can swap phone numbers and arrange a meetup.

Hi again. JW here.

Do you know if this will fit as a replacement for an 18" delta alloy? Hit a pot hole recently and got a bubble on the sidewall, so had to get a new tyre. If it'd punctured I'm be goosed!!

Really need a spare! Yours looks like it had delta alloys?

Yep the Honda space saver is suitable for 16, 17 and 18" wheels, as it maintains the same overall diameter, i.e. your car won't be lower on one corner. 50mph max speed though. Recommended to go on the back, keep 2 proper wheels on the front drive axle

I've recently sold my Accord but kept the full size spare I got for it (full size steel 16" wheel) I'll be selling it soon so will post details. And yes full size fits in the boot (well it did on my tourer)

Full size only fits tourer as the under boot area is huge with the liner out.

Saloon boot will only take a space saver

I'd be interested in a spacesaver or full size spare. Just bought the car and thinking that goo is not enough.

I too am looking for a spare for my 8th gen tourer. Wheel size 255/50/R17 , so whatever full size will fit. I would even go for a space saver if that is all I could find.

a 16" steel with new tyre, starts at £92 on my tyres. For a spare wheel, its ok to go for a Chinese tyre, as it won't be used often.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/skw.pl?cart_id=38088476.110.13392&dsco=110&sowigan=So&csuchen=1&syt_d=&Hersteller=Honda&PKWtyp=ACCORD%202.2%20I-DTEC&felge=16%20inch|5%20x%20114.30%20x%2064.00|5|50.00+&PKWtypgenau=|124913||2199|110|200807|%20%20%20%20%20%20|64.00|114.30|5|CU%203%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20||P|E6*2001/116*0115*..%20&Gmarke=&Gdub=&Ggroesse=215/60%20R16%2095V&Gfelge=&Gf_last=&&sort_by=price

The tyre is a 215/60 16, if you pop this into a wheel diameter calculator, you'll see its almost the same as the standard 225/50 17, within 1% so safe to use. The bog standard ES model Accord uses these 16" size tyres.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

i would not recommend driving with a 16inch spare in a idtec, i did this when realised car did not come with a spare and put space saver from ictdi on it did not feel save, got me to the garage buy a 17 inch from mytyres