What's new

What make's your 7th gen unique

DC5 Dave

Members
Reaction score
Car
DC5
Recently joined and recently purchased a CL9.

Looking for some home grown inspiration as I hate anything from the states . . . reason why -

IMG_0053.jpg

However, this grabbed my interest -

IMG_0043.jpg

Not so keen on the FD2 RR spoiler seen here -

IMG_0036a_zps1125df30.jpg

IMAG0669a.jpg

IMG_0009a_zpsa843f757.jpg

Mugen CL7 spoiler is a great design and flows better in my opinion -

705685_143105252507845_954587779_o.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Having a DC5 made me think that the CL9 would stay standard, doesn't look that way :p

i would say all down to personnel taste buddy ....i love the front c/f wide arch vent on the blue cl9...looks awsome ... not too keen on the mugen rear spoiler on the accord although the dc5 looks empty without one ... the red one looks like it got the full mugen kit on on it with the fd2 rear spoiler again not soo keen :(

My 7th gen's unique because I've yet to come across another 7th Gen that's been vandalised with cigarette burns on the plastic rear spoiler :mad: .

But really, like Mo says, it's down to taste. Personally, not a fan of carbon body panels on road cars, bit over the top if you ask me.

My 7th gen's unique due to the bespoke seat-steering wheel-pedal interconnecting device, it's a one-off and easily the best one available in the world. B)

The states does have some nice examples although alot tend to follow each other :s and being on a few forums it usally starts a bit of a debate if some styles different ....only god knows why...

The computer system I managed to plug into the original Sat Nav interface ;)

rQxaql.jpg

More images here:
http://imgur.com/a/Kj49X#0
Is that a full blown carputer with f
Wifi or you just using the touch screen as visual???

Wow! I want to do that to my console too! I was thinking on the toilet the other day about replacing the centre screen with a 7" tablet with movies, music etc all hooked up. I wonder how simple a job that would be. Also, what do you do about the air con etc?

The system is based on russian controller, which is neither cheap nor super easy to install. It also requires laptop like EEE PC with GMA-955 video and best with 12V power charger to be easy fit in the car electrical system. Total for me, with all the small things (high quality audio adapter, 2x64GB SSDs), it came at about 1000 EUR. But I live in Bulgaria and there is NO NAVIGATION for 2003-2005 model. While this system allows me to have latest maps on much better iGO 8.3 system. Also endless amounts of videos, music, pictures, internet and many other small things.

- The computer (small laptop) is in the glovebox department, charged by galvanic-isolated charger and with high-quality USB sound card to power the AUX.
- The touchscreen is mapped as USB mouse with mouse driver to be able to control the laptop.
- All the buttons on the original NAV console and all the buttons on the wheel (except for the Cruise Control) can be mapped as key-combinations to start different applications or change sounds on the laptop, etc.
- One of the buttons switches back to the original interface (original NAV, Air Conditioning, original Radio interface), so nothing is lost

This weekend I can write an article about the whole process in DIY if there is such interest.

This weekend I can write an article about the whole process in DIY if there is such interest.

I'm a little put off by the potential cost, but a DIY write up would be brilliant to read. If you find the time to do a DIY thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

I'd be interested to know how you worked your magic in changing the headunit system. Not many alternatives out there other than X-carlink and a strange chinese headunit that i cant justify spending £350 on.

my mod may not serve any performance gain, but they ae unique to me and im very happy with them :)

photo-43.jpg

i was thinking of doing the accord badge on mine in carbon rap, looks cool! Bet it took ages to do though.

The computer thing is proper trick to!

dude, they are not wrapped. these are propper CF in gel coat ;)

moulds where taken from the original badge and the cf was laid in the mould and built up ;)

My Accord is unique, as its the only one being used in UK caraudio sound quality competitions, and has 9" door speakers, and a unique fabricated centre console allowing the use of a single DIN headunit.

Well there are not many Accords around me, mines silver, well it was silver. It hasn't been washed since I bought it 2.5 years ago, and it wont be washed. It is a distinctive black colour, with translucent, bordering on opaque windows. Apparently, its famous as someone has photo's of it parked in Belfast and has written defamatory remarks about it on facebook. I'm still trying to locate this person.

My clock is wrong, very wrong ,, must get round to reading the manual one day at learn how to set it .

My clock is wrong, very wrong ,, must get round to reading the manual one day at learn how to set it .

My wife sets the clock in mine, she read the manual when I was driving along one day and I never bothered to see for myself how to do it :rolleyes: