What's new

New headunit in a 2002 Exec

redtwin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Has anyone done this?. Did a search but couldn't find anything. I attempted to fit one this morning but I am running into lots of problems. I bought the specified Autoleads harness PC2-90-4 which should work with a 2002 executive model according to all the info I could find, but it clearly doesn't. The moulded plug fits well enough, but I am not getting 12V to the radio when the ignition is switched on. From what I have checked with my voltmeter, the pin position for the 12V ign on the autoleads connector isn't connected to a 12Vign pin on the Honda harness. I have found 12V ign on the Honda harness by probing each pin, but that is connected to one of the speaker pins on the Autoleads harness. Also, I noticed that some of the speaker pins on the autoleads harness are bending when I connect the harnesses fully, that cannot be correct.

The quick fix would be to swap the pins, but I am not sure I should be doing that without knowing the correcting wiring of the Honda harness. Besides, the whole point of buying the correct harness is to not have to chop and change around wires. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the audio system for a 2002 Accord Exec?.

Autoleads are closed on weekends so I can't contact them to ensure I have the right harness or what has gone wrong so thought I would ask on here to see if anyone else has used one of their harnesses in an Accord Exec. Really disappointed with this, I have been fitting radios in various cars for years and have never run into a problem with Autoleads products before.

Sorted it now. Impatience got the better of me so I swapped out the pins. The only two on the Autoleads harness that were correct were the ground and constant 12V every other one was wrong. They even had the front speakers connected to the rear Honda speaker wires. :lol:

Anyone else with a 2002 Accord Exec would do best to avoid the Autoleads harness.

On a more positive note the audio is now significantly better. Before I put my headunit in, the sound quality was so poor that I thought I would have to upgrade the speakers, but that won't be necessary now. I don't know what the wattage of the OEM Bose amp had, but it can't have been much as things sound much better running directly off the headunit.

I think the Bose speakers are very good, I have an old alpine unit from an Evo 4 or 5 or .. oh whatever..

I have however been trying to reconnect the amp & woofer/tweeters but proving to be a headache..I will let you know if I get there..

:rolleyes:

Update..

I have taken a feed from the speakers connection (from head unit) and fed into the relevant pins on the connector from the equaliser (front passenger seat). tried to use the RCA outputs from rear HU but apparantly they are not the right signal for the Bose. it does now use the subwoofer in the boot and the rear tweeters, but I cannot control the volume on the woofer other than through the normal way on the HU ie fader/bass..

Has anyone information on how to enable the woofer using the RCA output as the HU does have a sub adjustment..??

its not very sophisticated I know but gives a bit more sound to the system using what is already there... :D