What's new

Wheel offset question?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
I currently have the 17" alloys in the picture below - without removing them to look, does anyone know the wheel dimensions / offset?

I am looking at changing to 18" but one thing I want to try and do is 'fill' the arches a bit more because that is where the 8th Gen is let down a bit looks wise.

Was looking at the Sigma 18" so would also be interested if anyone knew the same info for these wheels?

If they have the same offset, I might have to start looking at something different!

DSCN0565.jpg

Found a set of Sigma's on Ebay, it says the offset is 55, and they are 7.5J width. Dont know what the standard wheels are, it might say in the back of the manual, 45 springs to mind.

The 17" delta are 55 offset. http://leggera.eu/en/wspitaly/honda.html

Doesnt show on the parts diagrams on Lings either.

Standard wheels and tyres are worth a bit, I got £250 for mine on Ebay, so that will help fund your upgrade.

Yeh, I found them as well.

My understanding is, the lower the offset the further out the rim of the wheel is from the hub? If so, i'll be looking at something around Et45 or less, if they will fit.

Not keen on spacers!!

** Just been out to the car and cleaned off some brake dust - 17" have an offset of 55 - so Sigmas will be similarly aligned in the arches :(

Quite a good tool here, you can compare original to proposed, show how much more it will stick out.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

That's a good find, cheers rich

Anyone know what tyres 'should' go on the OEM 18" Sigmas?

Always seems to be some debate about this. I've found it listed as 225/45 R18. Holdcroft can tell you when you enquire, they can fit tyres also.

Handbook also lists all the suitable tyre sizes in the back. Or the tyre pressure sticker in the drivers door jamb.

Those wheels you have on the car have an offset or ET of 55.
I fitted some Mania 18" alloys, tyres should be 225/45/R18

The ET of the Mania alloys was 37 and they do fill the arches better. So every 1 millimeter less than the original ET of 55 pushes the rim out by 1 millimeter.
Wouldn't go any less than 30 myself or they may protrude from the arch.
Not sure though what the minimum you could use would be before being illegal.