What's new

Washer jets too low

Tafia

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord diesel
Hi folks,

Does anyone know how I can raise the washer jets on my Accord. I have tried the "stick a pin in the nozzle" trick but they won't move.

At present they strike the screen a couple of inches above the bottom but I would prefer them to hit higher.

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

T.

Just a guess, but do they twist? I don't know without looking, but I think they have a slit in them you could fit a flat blade in. If so, try getting a flat blade in there and giving them turn, or even just a jiggle. See what happens and report back to let us know if it worked.

Just a guess, but do they twist? I don't know without looking, but I think they have a slit in them you could fit a flat blade in. If so, try getting a flat blade in there and giving them turn, or even just a jiggle. See what happens and report back to let us know if it worked.

Good day sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Just looked and yes there is a slot in them but they don't seem to want to turn and I don't want to apply force lest I damage them.

Infernal machines.

Regards

T.

Hello. They do adjust but they can be very hard to shift. They will go up and down but you have to be very careful not to damage the plastic. I damaged mine and had to get some new jets from Honda. Not cheap either at £12 a jet. I would maybe try and soak them in a little lubricant to help them move but then obviously clean them after.

Hello. They do adjust but they can be very hard to shift. They will go up and down but you have to be very careful not to damage the plastic. I damaged mine and had to get some new jets from Honda. Not cheap either at £12 a jet. I would maybe try and soak them in a little lubricant to help them move but then obviously clean them after.

Oh cripes. Now I am very wary of touching them. Ho hum.

Thanks for the warning.

My windscreen washer jets does the same thing. So weak.

My headlight washers, on the other hand, annoy me so much as they can spray all over the whole car!

i had mine replaced last year and was told by Honda that they are factory set with no adjustment which i found odd. the new ones aimed too low and they ordered me another set which are now perfect.....