What's new

Good places to get 6th gen body mods? Modded 6th gen examples?

Redrook

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen
I would like to know some places to get good 6th gen body kits etc. Also, I haven't seen many examples of modded 6th gens, any nice examples out there? Looking for ideas for the future.

My long term plans include sideskirts+bumpers (but no spoiler), and a nice lower (so will prob get some Eibachs or similar). But looking for inspiration...

To be honest the kits you will find available for the 6th Gen are pretty bad from what i have seen myself, they just make the cars look bad. If its Just front and rear bumpers your after maybe some pre facelift ATR ones may suit your needs as they have the lips??

Yeah, most 6th gen kits seem pretty horrible. I'm not looking to chav-out. Will pre facelift fit post facelift models? I have an 02 reg.

Fiberworx do some of the atr bits in carbon and fiberglass as well.

Id personally keep the look pretty standard. Mine just has a type r front lip and an additional chin lip from ebay, which I think totally transforms the looks of the car. Just need to do something with the rear end.

Yeah it does look good standard. I was going to give it a subtle lower at some point (30mm on Apex springs), but really I was wondering if there were any cool front grilles around. I was hoping there would be a Mugen 6th gen grille but so far no luck.

Where did you get your rubber lip kit from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220819487413?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thats the lip I bought. It was Dale (TIPEX9) that gave me the link. He has the lip fitted front and rear.

I know it's late lol, but check out M99s site.

Also search 'luvmyaccord' on photobucket, my old 6th is there somewhere.

Type R badge is £35 RRP from Honda dealer, should be cheaper from Holdcroft with the club discount.

ouch...thats a rip off lol
ill get my mate at expression signs to make me a pair lol

lol yeh for a simple badge its pricey, but it is OEM dealer price, i guess you could always try ebay or scrapyard and get one off an ATR if you want an OEM badge.

Ebay tony thats where a got mine from.. Also purchased them for my wheel centre caps

marv_ek4 said:
Id personally keep the look pretty standard. Mine just has a type r front lip and an additional chin lip from ebay, which I think totally transforms the looks of the car. Just need to do something with the rear end.

Sorry to resurrect this, and I'm sure it's been asked before. But will any type r front lip fit on my facelift, or is the one above different?

The JDL kit is my favourite B) I'd happily swap the bumpers off my face lift Accord so I could fit it. The rear spoiler is perfect, like a mini Prelude Mugen one, and the roof spoiler is the cherry on top :D

Lol, don't get me wrong, it's one of the better ones out there. But it's a bit too much for me, though the spoiler is definitely the good bit, very mugen-ish.

Redrook said:
I have, I don't really like the front bumper but the rear and spoiler are ok. It's for a pre though anyway, and I don't want to be replacing my bumpers. I may have a line on a facelift atr front lip :)
hey the JDL one is a lip kit, i've called and confirmed. apparently gives a 2.5 inch clearance after instalation.

or maybe the JDL rear extension and ATR side skirts with the ATR front lip + rubber chin?

Shane said:
hey the JDL one is a lip kit, i've called and confirmed. apparently gives a 2.5 inch clearance after instalation.

or maybe the JDL rear extension and ATR side skirts with the ATR front lip + rubber chin?
Yes it is a lip kit, therefore it requires the correct bumpers. It is a lip kit for pre-facelift bumpers, I have a facelift. It would therefore not fit unless I also replaced my bumpers. (it even says on the website). If it's something you're looking to get, make sure yours is a pre.

Pre-facelift has bump strips and more rectangular fog lights, the facelift model has no bump strips and more angled fogs, it's a bit curvier too and there's a subtle difference in the grille shape iirc. Here's my face lift 6th gen (before it died!):

Josh2109 said:
Pre-facelift has bump strips and more rectangular fog lights, the facelift model has no bump strips and more angled fogs, it's a bit curvier too and there's a subtle difference in the grille shape iirc. Here's my face lift 6th gen (before it died!):

Nice one. Looks like u have intake down in bumper -> got hydro on it?

Shane said:
I know i'll sound silly but what are bumper strips?
Here's a facelift
post.jpg

and here's a pre
pre.jpg

Notice the strips below the headlights, and the slightly different bumper shape, as well as the slightly different shaped grille.

hey guys,

would it be possible to take off the lip (front side and back) from an ATR and directly place it on my accord? its a 2000 model saloon Vtech so I think its a pre model.