What's new

DAB radio for 8th gen

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Hi Brett,

I see Holdcroft are developing a retro fit DAB kit for the 8th gen, can you get us any details?

Cheers

Rich

Interesting rich I have no info at the min but can dig some out.
How did you get to hear of this mate

Holdcroft posted on the other forum...

Ok mate I will have a chat to Lee next week and get the info

Guy

Holdcroft have or can get in three days the following: AUTODAB 08D02-TL0-KIT At £150 inc P &P which is for the 8th gen accord with premium sound system/satnav

Any more info? What does the kit include and what's involved in the fitting? Thanks!

Hi Guys

You will be looking for this:-AUTODAB 08D02-TL0-KIT for 8 the gen Accord with premium sound system. Price is £150 inc P& P from Holdcroft. Ordered mine last friday 13th (we will see!!) if any problems expected next week.

Look on the Autodab site for the part above and it lists full fitting instructions:- http://www.autodab.com/files/FittingGuides/08D02-TL0-KIT-Fitting-Guide.pdf

John

I think there a video on you tube about fitting it.

I do use my dab in the crv and I'm surprised at how good the reception is to be honest.

Guys

DAB radio arrived today. First impressions seem to be well made with very good cable looms, the screen aerial seems that it may be a bit fragile as it is in a box of its own in cardboard sleeve. The main tuner box is about 10cm x10cm x 3cm with an SMB aerial connector on one side a two multi pin plugs and two Fakra plugs on the other. The instructions seem a bit on the dark side so the ones on the website are better to follow. Will post pictures later when i find out how to!

John

Does anyone have contact information to a person at Holdcroft Honda who reply to emails regarding this kit? I have found and used the contact information on their webpage, but I dont get any reply. I would really like to buy this kit..... Or, do someone know other companies that sell them? Prices at Honda in Norway are crazy

smokingman said:
Gareth is the guy you need, phone Holdcroft and ask for parts and Gareth.

Yes, Gareth was the right man for getting answers. But he had bad news. If any others want this kit, here is a copy/paste from the email he sent me:

Unfortunately the DAB kit is discontinued from Honda now and we have no stock either.