What's new

Plasti dip anyone?

chrisby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer
As the ***le says, anyone tried it or know someone that has?
Is it anygood?
I mean the proper u.s.a plasti dip not the cheap chinese or wherever they are made wanabe copy paints.
Seen a few vids on it and it looks pretty good stuff, might get a sprayer and give it a try if it is anygood

I've heard it's good for small parts, e.g. blacking out chrome trims on windows, interior trim etc. Seen entire cars done though (there's a poor, chav'd up Skyline in my parts covered in it) and it looks patchy, not nearly as good as a matt black vinyl wrap. Then again, that could well have just been the workmanship :lol: .

I'm considering doing the chrome trim on my grill with it in the future.

Very good stuff but make sure you get the GENUINE plasti dip & use a spray gun with a 1.4 or 1.5mm nozzle for best results!

Yes, got to be the genuine stuff, as for the chaved up skyline, thats probably done with rattle cans with the stuff.. Read a few threads on the interwebs with people using rattle cans. Was thinking of getting the proper spray gun as it isnt too much money, from what ive read its the actual paint that costs the most..
I will get some when i get back in the country and post up a thread when ive got it and tried it out.
Its all in the prep for a great finish,just need to decide on colours :p

eBay have plenty of sellers who stock the genuine plasti dips in spray cans. I'm going to do my chrome window trims.

Good luck with diping windows trims, i tryed twice, end result is cleaning whole car. rear windows trim is very problemaic to dip

Greyhound said:
Good luck with diping windows trims, i tryed twice, end result is cleaning whole car. rear windows trim is very problemaic to dip
They make it look easy on the YouTube videos. I'll have a go then report back on the forum

Greyhound said:
Same ^^
Where it meets the rubber seal is a pain , theres places on the accord that just dont have the gaps to get a decent peel