What's new

AUX Not Working

sturgi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX Manual
Just thought I would check the AUX input in the car to see if I could play my daughters DVD player through the cars speakers and nothing. I had the Aux selected but nothing, switched it back to USB and iPod played fine, changed back to Aux, disconnected iPod from USB and connected to Aux and still nothing. Am I missing something or does it sound like a broken Aux? Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

Have you ever used the aux port before?

Try it with a different source- use your iPod with the aux jack and see if that works and make sure the USB cable isn't plugged in

Indeed, it could well be the aux cable from whatever you're plugging into it.

Hi

Tried a different cable and unplugged the USB, system recognises the AUX cable installed. Maybe the DVD output shot, will check with headphones later otherwise call to dealer when get back. Oh never used AUX before :(

Iv nether used mine Ian so cant comment on this.
For music i use a usb flash stick

Hi

Tried a different cable and unplugged the USB, system recognises the AUX cable installed. Maybe the DVD output shot, will check with headphones later otherwise call to dealer when get back. Oh never used AUX before :(
It took me ages to figure out how to use the aux jack, a lot of prodding and cable attatching. What works for me is to turn the radio off, plug in the aux only, attach the output device (try your iPod this time) and then fire up the radio, hit the aux button and your music should start playing

Also make sure the aux is all the way in, I had that problem too, its a bit hard to get it right in if you have larger hands, so push it in as far as it will go

Dear Lord how daft do I feel now........... The volume was set to 0 on AUX setting!!!!!!!!! :blush: :blush:

:lol: We need a thread to collate these incidents. There are a few awesome clangers that we've all done on our cars, thinking we've got problems etc when the wrong switch was selected, or not...

I thought something was very wrong with my rear suspension for a couple of days. Turned out after a tidy-up in the spare tyre recess the jack wasn't fixed in properly and was knocking about. I've done others too, but forget right now.

Sturgi said:
Dear Lord how daft do I feel now........... The volume was set to 0 on AUX setting!!!!!!!!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
I've just spent 3/4 of an hour trying to get BBC Radio iPlayer (on my phone) to work for the first time in the car.

3 different cables, two different sources.
Nothing :(

And then I remembered someone on TA had AUX issues once....

Volume set at zero = zero volume.

facepalm.jpg

Thanks @Sturgi for sharing!