What's new

Rear heated seats?!

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
Just got around to adjusting the handbrake on my SE Exec (thanks for the how to Andy!) and noticed an extra switch blank on the centre console, infront of the one for the heated front seats (I've actually swapped 'em over, it seems silly to have them on the rearmost switch hole). Is this blank for rear heated seats? If not, does anyone know what option fills this blank?

My car is a pre-armrest SE Executive with heated front seats.

I've always wondered what was meant to go there. I fitted a touch sensitive switch for my DRL's there.

Thinking about it, that hole could be for a half mast or parking pole switch on JDM models, from what I've seen they share interiors with UKDM's

If this is the case, it could actually be for rear heated seats on JDM models... I can't think of anything else you'd want to put in that location, it's too awkward for heated seats to be honest. You almost have to reach behind you..

One thing to consider though is that leather isn't popular in Japan and the climate is warm and humid, so I'd be surprised if heated seats are popular/an option out there. Most cars have half mast aerials out there though, my BB4 has a half mast switch in this awkward position ;)

0D7E484C-C371-440A-B1C3-C3DC49B2EF78-4798-00001072B4D80724_zps06cea3fa.jpg

The 6th gen, I admit, isn't the most ergonomic car, but that takes the pi55.

All the JDM spec Rovers had leather seats...