What's new

Supercharged CL9?

urban boy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK4 B18
Has any member got a supercharged Accord 2.4? or know of one in the UK? i may consider this in the very near future. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this, would maybe go for a CT Engineering jobbie. I am not looking for an all out racer just a sleeper really.

Thanks

More trouble than its worth but thats just me.

I would buy a BMW M3 or the like if i felt the need for far more hp.

You can super charge the k24a3 i am sure, if you have deep pockets and don't forget insurance and all that will skyball.

Or......we give you the advice to go for it mate!!! FTW supercharge that car and have fun doing it. We all have dreamed of doing it and are waiting for a home grown Honda K24 to be Supercharged!!!!! Go for it and make us proud :)

On a serious note, I think we did a thread about this long time ago. Wouldn't the ECU need mapping for this and its a pain on our cars. Steve would know............Steve oh Steve.................

Pointless waste of money IMO, the spending will never end might as well get a Mazda MPS and be done with it

I love how some of you lot completely miss the point on modifying cars. Perhaps he doesn't want an M3 or Mazda. Personally i enjoy modifying my car and there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your hard work come together.

I transformed this

20121119_144015.jpg

20121119_144105.jpg

To this

20130419_123037.jpg

20130419_123012.jpg

Sure it may have been cheaper to buy a AMG kitted CLK in the first place but i know my car and know its history so its not going to bite me on the backside by going wrong and not to mention you can't get a AMG specced CLK with the infinately more reliable 270 lump in it. and after a remap its as fast as a 320 and still cheaper to insure than the 320 even after declaring the mods.

No doubt if i had just bought a 320 Sport off the bat i would also be bored of it by now as there would be nothing to do to it and i would have lost interest 6 months ago.

People do not modify cars as an investment they do it because they enjoy it.

If you want to supercharge your motor i say go for it.

I think you're missing the point, if you're going to modify a car to the extent of supercharging its pointless, just buy a car with the power already which will cost much less to get even more power

with an accord, wheels suspension, breathing mods are all fair enough but thousands of pounds into car worth just a few grand itself is totally mental in my opinion

I think you're missing the point, if you're going to modify a car to the extent of supercharging its pointless, just buy a car with the power already which will cost much less to get even more power

with an accord, wheels suspension, breathing mods are all fair enough but thousands of pounds into car worth just a few grand itself is totally mental in my opinion

Im not missing the point at all. Modifying cars is not about money. if it was people wouldn't do it full stop. It is also about individuality. There are loads of M3's about and probably zero supercharged Accords. And a supercharged 2.4 is an absolute weapon, A totally different animal to an M3 or any other OEM performance car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E-7c_HPRvQ

Tbo guys what you do with your cars is your own thing.
If you want to mod do it if not don't.
Its cheaper to buy a faster car and will probably be more reliable but if you have unlimited funds what a great way to spend money.
If I had the money I would deff go down the super charge route and do a project on the car.
Its like a hobby and watching something grow to the car you want.

Sounds cheesy, and I don't fully endorse the statement (after all you still have to buy the parts :rolleyes: ) but I do like the old saying "Built, not bought!".

Also, whilst some people are saying don't waste your money, if you signed up saying "I've just super charged my K24, check this out!" and had a video or two of your car, you'd be getting nothing but respect, praise and questions wanting to know how to do it. I doubt anyone would post "Dude, you wasted your money!".

Anyway, there are a few people in the USA/Canada who've done it to their Acura TSX (basically the same car) so there's bound to be info in the world of the internet... No one here's done it (yet ;) ). I say be the first, show us here on TA how it's done.

:)

there are 2 cars on the polish forum, here is dyno chart one of them
72988c4d6d7df151.jpg

311 BHP and 402 Nm
9b7052251d5a705e.jpg

and here's second one
20120508221042.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SH2VFNMABfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ExQzXNVUQns

I hereby officially form the TypeAccord Group Forced Induction Modification Charity. This is a sincere and much needed charity that focusses on the grass roots of Honda owners who would like to see their K series engines break the 300BHP mark and create a whole generation of Sleeper Accords across the nation to shock and scare arrogant FR owners up and down the country.

Fair enough but just to justify where I'm coming from, I've been mixing with the Honda crowed since 2003, I've owned quite a few Honda's in fact I've forgot how many but its in the double figures as well as other performance cars and have thousands of posts across all the forums. When I say that its pointless unless you have very deep pockets and a lot of time on your hands I mean it, I've seen so many people plough thousands into cars only to sell them at a massive loss not much further down the line, don't me wrong so people get it done but their cars aren't daily drivers they are dedicated projects cars, others get it done and end up in massive debt and others can afford it but this a rarity.

If that's what you want then go for it and I hope you succeed but my advice would be to sell up and buy a better base car and mod that, Honda's are stupidly expensive to mod for power. I had an FN2 Type-R before my Accord and the driving is experience is night and day different the Accord is a lazy mile muncher with a bit of power for an NA 4 pot engine, if you want to turn into something different then you'll need very very deep pockets

Like i said, i think its a bit ridiculous.

You can buy a pretty serious car now for about £6-7k, that will not need any super charging.

the cost of supercharging an Accord would easily be £3k, money you wont see again and no guarantee the car will perform as you might expect. There are too many unknown variables involved.

The way the used car market is in the UK there should be no reason to spend money like this, just buy a car that has all that in place from stock.

various opinions on here but free speech never killed anyone. :p

*£3k i have a rough figure, since you will certainly need proper coilovers, if not already done. uprated brakes or a big brake kit, all that turbo kit, modded ECU. list is endless tbh

Indeed it will be expensive, but honestly, if you want to supercharge your K24, do it. I think if you're looking to build a racing car the Accord isn't what you need to start with and perhaps that's what some of the guys above are getting at, but just the idea of supercharging an Accord Exec or Type-S could be a lot of fun. Yes you can buy a different car with greater performance for the money, but that's not what it's all about for some folk. Sometimes it's the pursuit, not the arrest if you catch my drift. More satisfying to do something mad with your car as opposed to just buying a faster one.

If I had the money, I'd still keep the Accord and do all sorts of crazy things with it, because I love it. I know it will never out-perform lots of cars, and I'm comfortable with that. Doesn't mean I want these other cars. Certain cars can have a soul that earn them a special place in your heart. It might seem crazy or illogical, but for some people, it makes more sense to spend the value of a new car on the car you have be it to keep it running, or to improve it's performance to your taste. Different strokes for different folks, horses for courses and so on.

a whole generation of Sleeper Accords across the nation to shock and scare arrogant FR owners up and down the country.

A friend of mine in the Prelude owners club already calls my Accord "The Sleeper"......... Now add a super charger to that, yes please.....

Shopping list

£1000 for suspension
£1000 for brake upgrade
£3000 for the charger

cost of my car £2000 so that's £7000 , think I'll just buy an Audi RS6 for £8000.....

Paul

Cost of my Merc £4200
Cost of gen AMG bodykit and paint £2000
Dual Exhaust £600
Coilovers £600 + £200 to fit

Add to that a 6.3 AMG engine fitted for £7k and a big brake kit £1.5k I already have the gearbox in my car and it comes to a total of £16.100

The cheapest CLK AMG 63 i can find is £17.500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Benz-CLK63-AMG-7G-Tronic-Auto-Coupe-Obsidian-Black-Black-Leather-FSH-/251324135845?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a8415f9a5

which leaves me £1400 for mods. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Modifying something unique to you is priceless! That is what makes you a true enthusiast! Doesnt have to make sense to anyone.

Nicely put man ;)

true, but i would get a S4 or RS4 if i was going this route and had deep pockets.

let us know the outcome anyway

Here's a video of a Mk1 Golf having some fun with some serious/expensive motors. I'd rather of built the Golf than bought the Porsche/Toyota if I had to pick!! I doubt it was cheap, but I bet he has a grin every time he drives it :lol:

Turbo Golf!

Here's another stupidly fast Mk1 Golf

Even faster turbo Golf!!

Anf here's a modded old Accord playing with some bigger boys. This is a repost from another thread on here, sorry whoever I've knicked it from ;)

Accord shennanigans

At the end of the day it's all just good fun for those who like it, if you've got some money to burn and you enjoy modding cars then why not do it?? Some of us might not want an off the shelf toy - we might enjoy the idea of pushing the boundaries, or we might just like doing things because we can :lol: It's nice to have something that's your own after all.

My personal view is I could have any other hobby, and easily chuck a lot of money at it without expecting a return other than fun and enjoyment. If my cars are my hobby, why should I treat them any differently?? They're just taking up the money that could otherwise be spent on other pursuits of equal pointlessness in the grander scheme of things ;) I completely get that to most people, cars are just things that are needed to get from A-B and the most important thing is that they're cost effective and reliable, even if personal taste and choice does come into it as well. But that doesn't mean that's what everyone wants or needs, and vice-versa. It takes all sorts, variety is the spice of life and all that!

You have hit the nail on the head guys, We could sell up and buy a bigger faster car, That would make sense, but to take the car which we enjoy and make it more enjoyable by making it your project and having one fun accord at the end and a looker too match sense also!! I think if i had the money I would would want my honda to look like this
IMG_4871_zps6aba444b.jpg

and sound like a Storm is coming!!!

you can spent a lot of money for fast car like porsche or r8 or similar but the face of the guy in porsche who stayed behind of supercharged vw golf mk1 would be priceless :lol: so I'd invest my money on serious mods instead of buying an ordinary porsche.

or you could just splash your cash on this http://www.torque-gt.co.uk/car_details/?act=productDetail&productId=661 (like I nearly did :blush: )

Oh Dear me, all opinions taken onboard. I am not new to Honda or building fast cars. I own another CL9 totally standard and own a Civic EK4 from new, for some years now has a very nice B18C in it, it's my race car so i am not looking for another. I am just thinking of stuff to geek out on, not bothered about money, have'nt got loads but enough. I can buy a Porsche and probably will do next year, but love my Honda's. I like the Mazda 3 MPS and 6 but handling standard is a bit average, Audi RS6 is sweet but i get 18mpg out of that. Even though i say Supercharger i don't always want to go fast, i am an Engineer so i get off on the geeky side of things, i like building stuff and machining billets of Aluminium into bespoke one off components even if i can buy one for less. What about Noble M12? different, very quick but falls apart alot and has bad electrics, but i would love fixing it. Seriously though thanks for all your comments i will not watch anymore youtube videos of SC CL9

Ah, wow! Given your skill set and knowledge you've got to do something mad with CL9. Pleeeease :D .

did i just see the word Noble, must be a first for this forum.

tbh i find all this hard to believe, buying a Porsche next year.. hmmm and you own a RS6 also.?

why not go the full hog and buy a NSX while you are it it.?