What's new

Wheel offset.

Redrook

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen
I'm switching up the wheels on my 6th gen (again) to some more 17s but wondering what the minimum offset I could get away with is. The stock is ET50, and currently I have ET42s on with no issues that I know of. I am wondering if I can get away with ET35?

Is anyone running such a low offset on theirs? In my mind that's only a 4mm difference to what I have now, although the ET42 are pretty much flush with the arch now. Thoughts?

I already posted in the main forum but didn't get much response.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14966-6th-gen-offset-how-much-does-it-matter/

Why would you go wider when ET42 is flush with the arches or are you planning on making the car ugly.

Mho

For a start, that's your own opinion so stop trolling. Lots of people love to stance their cars. Second, no I'm not. Hence, I am asking others for how they find it. Since it's only a few mm it probably wont make much aesthetic difference.

Oh and the reason I'm asking is that ET42+ wheels are not that common, so I'm wondering if less offset makes much difference. Perhaps you could read posts before replying in future? mho

I think my rims are 42 Offset. They look great. And there's definitely a little more room to go further if you so wish. I think the stock 55 offset on Honda Alloys for the 7th gen is pretty high really and sits the wheels really too far into the wheel arch for my liking.

I think my rims are 42 Offset. They look great. And there's definitely a little more room to go further if you so wish. I think the stock 55 offset on Honda Alloys for the 7th gen is pretty high really and sits the wheels really too far into the wheel arch for my liking.

I agree my ET42 wheels looked great too. I've noticed that about 7th gens too, seems strange when Audi, BMW etc noticed that sticking them out a bit makes a big difference to looks! How far do you think you could reasonably go on a 6th gen? I'm thinking probably only around ET40...

although I have 7 gen, but I have ET35 front and rear, but.I'm lowered so it looks different then on stock suspension, it also depends how wide are your rims, I have 9" at the back and 8" on the front, they are sticking just a bit on the front, but rears are ok ;-)

I have 17" alloys on my accord with a 38et offset and there very nearly touching the lip on the outer wheel arches.
The car is lowered though on kyb shocks and eibach springs. B)

I have 17" alloys on my accord with a 38et offset and there very nearly touching the lip on the outer wheel arches.
The car is lowered though on kyb shocks and eibach springs. B)

Pictures! B)

Looks great man.

Rims R17/ 7J/ ET40
Tyres 225/45R17
Pictures
284676_1460745815174_14208_n.jpg

285101_1460744175133_2518494_n.jpg

Sorry for the delay but here she is!

oo old post but still nice.....i try to put ET35 215/45/17 wheels with original apsoorbers and H&R springs i don't know is that possible without touching lip or curb