What's new

Wipers going crazy

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Any 8th gen owners had their wipers going crazy?

Was driving home, doing the very occasional flick wipe in very light drizzle. It got worse flicked down to intermittent, the adjustment collar would not control the speed, the wipers were constant, i tried switching through the speeds, then they stopped halfway across the screen, and then did intermittent flicks, but not parking properly, about an inch too high.

Eventually after switching through all the speeds they started working normally.

My 2008 8th gen is one of the first, so maybe I'm getting a new fault others haven't had yet?

Haven't had this Rich but the only thing I can think if is the rain sensor is playing up.

No sensor on the ES GT, manual all the way!

Maybe its this type of thing, like on the Civic?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/916713-post65.html

Mines 5years old with partial Honda history, so they would tell me to get lost...

Hopefully wont happen again

Seems to be the intermittent function is playing up. Maybe the intermittent adjustment collar on the stalk is bust?

Rich this will probably have a relay somewhere and would say its the problem.

I have an EX and had this happen a couple of times, when flicking the wiper stalk up for a single sweep the wipers kept going had to flick up again to make them stop. Thought it was me but who know now....... Also getting random front sensor activation, dealer cleaned then went recently serviced, said lots of grit, but happened again yesterday

Iv had the front parking sensors playing up a few times but only in the rain.
Give them a quick wipe and all ok.

Wipers had been fine since October, now going crazy again.

71k miles, when I start the car they jump up an inch, when you push up to flick wipe they don't stop for about 20 cycles!

After a screen wash they go for about 20 times also, then park about 4 inches up the screen.

Its been bone dry for the last week, so can't be the damp.

I'll see how it goes, I might have to get the motor uncovered, check the cables, beyond that it must be the stalk?

as above, if it had been a civic, then def wiper motor issue. could well be the same thing as the timer/parking setup is built into motor.

Seems like it could be that same issue that the Civic wiper motor has.

Have to get it out on the summer and have a look.