What's new

DVD Disc reading error, please consult your dealer

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
I also sometimes get the DVD not formatted error.

Now I know people have sent them away for repair for ~£150-£180, and others have taken them apart and cleaned them which works for a little while.

But, if I take it into Honda and tell them to make it all good, how much will they be a charging?

I'm not taking anything apart myself, I love my car too much to ruin it :D So it'll be going to someone to break and then fix! Honda seems the logical choice as the little screen thing is telling me to consult them. Just wondered what the likely cost would be.

Alpine make the disc drives, sat nav and ***ociated sound system in the Exec. It's pretty easy to get the DVD drive out and using some cotton buds and solution, clean the lens. I paid well over £250 for Honda to remove it, send it away for repair (they fitted a new lens) and refit. I reckon had I known what I know now, I could have done it myself for a fraction of the cost. There are some decent write-ups on here for it. Other members have done it. Have a search Trev.

I've changed the laser on mine, it is relatively easy but not suitable for a novice with a soldering iron. You can get a complete replacement mechanism that includes the laser on ebay for £100 or so quid. Replacing that is literally unplugging a ribbon.

But how much would it be to repair if I just drive it into Honda and drive out? Someone must know?