What's new

Clay bars

TheJamMod

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Looking to buy some more clay, anyone used this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Cleaning-Clay-Bar-180g-Detailing-Valeting-/221227345156?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item33822d6504

Not seen this one as iv always used bilt hamber

Nah thats just blue tack.

Bretts right, bilt hammer is good, the other stuff seems to not pickup as well. Theres soft and hard grade, i forget which is better for clearing major bits, probs hard.

Edit: I have used blue tack to bust a myth, and its too soft, if you freeze it lots to make it harder, i bet it wouldnt be far of clay.

Yes plenty of water in a sprayer and do a panal at a time

Go steady I use Sonus ultra fine and Sonus lube.....very gentle on Honda paint, but still effective!

Meguires is the clay kit I've used and I've had decent results but I can't compare it to anything else at the moment.

Godzilla84 said:
Meguires is the clay kit I've used and I've had decent results but I can't compare it to anything else at the moment.
Same here, but I was really impressed with how much dirt was picked up on the clay bar!

Sorry for sounding dumb but how do you use clay bars and what are the benefits
just seen a clay mit in Halfords would this be easier for a novice

Thanks

Clay mitts are the next step in the evolution of clay bars. One of the pros being that you won't drop it on the floor then have to throw it away!

Clay bars/mitts remove ingrained dirt, after you wash your car, run your hand over any body panel and it'll feel rough. Clay will remove that.

You gently rub them over the paintwork using a lubricator such as a quick detailing spray. Some clay bars only require water as a lube.

My personal preference is for Bilt Hamber clay bar with water as a lube.

If ypu have not clayed before... DONT ally pressure to the clay. Lightly sweep it back and forth woth lots of water / lube... The amount of marring damage i have seen by people pushing the clay when doing this is mad.

Thanks for the advice guys
Think I'll go for the mitt as I have a habit of dropping things
glad you also mentioned about the pressure as also a bit heavy handed

again Thanks

clay mitt/cloth is definitely better to do the whole car and much quicker