What's new

f-can system link

powellste

Members
Reaction score
Car
56AccordSport i-CTDI
Can anyone shed some light on this error code (from sat navigation diagnostic f-can system link) says: meter with "1f4" in a green box.

Thanks

Ste.

Im not even sure if this is an error, since the box to the top right is green with ok in it :S

Ste.

Well after plugging in obd2 Bluetooth reader no fault codes stored so a mystery! Ste.

There's a lot of things that can be read with the right equipment but that won't show with an OBD2 reader as OBD2 only relates to the engine ECU really. If you can't see any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

A couple of weeks ago I spent the day up in sunny Lancashire at a company called Texa who do some very nice diagnostic kit. We needed a 'donor' car to demonstrate their code reader unit and software and my boss helpfully suggested that we hook it up to my Tourer. I was confident that there wouldn't be any errors shown as I too had plugged in an OBD2 tool previously and cleared a historical error.

When we used the Texa unit however it found 4 old errors, one of which was slightly worrying as it related to 'steering angle sensor', and one unspecified CAN error which kept popping up every time it was cleared. All of the errors bar the last were cleared and remained cleared and the car is fine.

My boss keeps asking if my dodgy car is still working :)

Cheers
Robin