What's new

vibration through car 55mph to 70mph

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
Ive just bought another 2004 Accord CTDI Estate , when travelling on the motorway earlier I noticed the car has a vibration through the pedal and full car when acceleratiing from 50mph up to 70mph then it smooths out when you go above 70mph , ( there is no vibration at all through the steering wheel ) , I come home and swapped the front wheels over with the back wheels but its still the same , any ideas what the problem could be.

Gaz where do the vibration seem to be coming from as this might be driveshaft related.

Feels like its coming through the acceleration pedal as I press it to speed up and the whole car vibrates , its definetely not a clutch / flywheel problem.

I had the same problem,was driveshaft inner cv joint.

It does it slightly around 25mph aswell , is there any way to check which driveshaft it is

Sounds like worn driveshafts. I used to have a 2005 diesel accord. It wasn't at higher speeds (unbalanced wheel) or when braking (warped discs). It was when accelerating, I.e. putting torque through the driveshafts. I put in a request to one of the car breaker services (where the request goes out - loads of breakers reply) got a complete set of driveshafts from 50k mile and 70k mile car for £150. My car had ticked over 135k miles.

Thanks everyone I changed the passenger side drive shaft today and the vibration has now gone :)

Thanks everyone I changed the passenger side drive shaft today and the vibration has now gone :)
Good result and feedback Gaz :)