What's new

Headlights on when unlocking the car... Possible?

Hodgi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 EX
Evening,

Is there any setting that turns on the headlights when the car is unlocked.

I have this feature on my Meggy RS250 and I rather like it.

Just wondering is it possible on the Accord?

Paddy

Not on the 7th gen. You'll need a custom circuit and if you can get it i'll be very interested.

I have a custom circuit for my power folding mirror which maybe able to be adapted. However the 7th gen circuit board is very sensitive and can easily be shorted out.

The custom circuit for your mirrors being, that when you lock the car they auto fold?

Any links to this?

Ta.

The custom circuit for your mirrors being, that when you lock the car they auto fold?

Any links to this?

Ta.
Yes it folds when you lock and unfolds when you turn ignition on. Its a custom made circuit made by previous owner. You to remember the non face lift 7th gen never came with Power folding mirrors so I retro fitted them. Even better is that the mirrors are Genuine JDM ones and not the usual UK spec

This wouldn't be a hugely difficult circuit to build, it just depends on how you want the lights to behave?

For example, when the car is unlocked do you want to the lights to stay on for 30 seconds? do you want it to over-ride the light-switch on the dash?

At it's most basic, it's a 555 timer with an output relay connected to the front light relay.

Reason, I ask, is that I could probably throw together a circuit pretty quickly if you like and demo this.

This wouldn't be a hugely difficult circuit to build, it just depends on how you want the lights to behave?

For example, when the car is unlocked do you want to the lights to stay on for 30 seconds? do you want it to over-ride the light-switch on the dash?

At it's most basic, it's a 555 timer with an output relay connected to the front light relay.

Reason, I ask, is that I could probably throw together a circuit pretty quickly if you like and demo this.
Dude i'd be interested in this. I want something that will switch my fog lamps on when unlocked, maybe even tap into the side lights. max 30 secs though with an LDR connected to only come on when its dark

Dude i'd be interested in this. I want something that will switch my fog lamps on when unlocked, maybe even tap into the side lights. max 30 secs though with an LDR connected to only come on when its dark

Ok, so the parameters are the following:

When unlocked AND it is dark, turn on the headlights and front fogs for 30 seconds max?

Ok, so the parameters are the following:

When unlocked AND it is dark, turn on the headlights and front fogs for 30 seconds max?
Yes pretty much but for me i'd probably just wire to fog lamps so just need a 12v for 30 secs but triggered on unlock. Then when I open the doors the lights goes off.

My fog lamps already don't work so easy to adapt. Not sure whats up with them but they don't turn on, the light comes on dash but no lights at lamps. I can bridge the connector and they turn on

General 555 timer circuit here.

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/50%20-%20555%20Circuits/50%20-%20555%20Circuits.html#69

Just need to figure out what happens when the car is unlocked - i.e. what our trigger for the 30 seconds?

From memory when I pressure the unlock button, the roof light comes on and I think the dash lights up? Is that right? I'm not near my car at the moment?

Output will be +12V via a relay to the under bonnet relay board for fogs and headlights.

My fog lamps already don't work so easy to adapt. Not sure whats up with them but they don't turn on, the light comes on dash but no lights at lamps. I can bridge the connector and they turn on

Which connector? Is this not the relay problem in the front wheel arch?

Which connector? Is this not the relay problem in the front wheel arch?
Yes thought that so got some second hand relays which didn't work, could be duff relays too. The thing is the trigger signal only reads 3v when turned on at dash?

See i got a normal relay and even that wouldn't kick in with the 3v signal. I had to send 12v and it turned on

Connector in arch that is

Yes thought that so got some second hand relays which didn't work, could be duff relays too. The thing is the trigger signal only reads 3v when turned on at dash?

See i got a normal relay and even that wouldn't kick in with the 3v signal. I had to send 12v and it turned on

3V, you've a cable break or something, there should be 12V across the board.

3V, you've a cable break or something, there should be 12V across the board.
Thats what I think but not sure where to start. The switch works and brings up the sign on the dash but the wire at relay which send the signal only reads 3v

here is coming/leaving home lights circuit fitted to 7gen, another circuit is operating folding mirrors, anyway this module is used mainly to use as DRL which use main beam lights at lower power.

here is coming/leaving home lights circuit fitted to 7gen, another circuit is operating folding mirrors, anyway this module is used mainly to use as DRL which use main beam lights at lower power.

where has this come from?

this module was bought in Poland
010.jpg

you can adjust brightness of DRL 10-70%
time and brightness of coming/leaving home light 0-120 sec and 5-70% brightness

approx. £30, it's installed under the bonnet, connected to the fuse box, no cutting needed, requires connecting 7 wires. manual comes with module ;)
m83n.jpg

Can't compete with that! :)

See what I have started!

Grzesiek do you have a link to the above unit?

Have you installed it?

ta

didn't installed as I don't have it yet, I'll try to get it in february when I'll be in Poland and bring it here.
here's link for this module, good luck with google translator :lol:
http://allegro.pl/modul-swiatel-dziennych-drl-swiatla-dzienne-plus-i3830371949.html

didn't installed as I don't have it yet, I'll try to get it in february when I'll be in Poland and bring it here.
here's link for this module, good luck with google translator :lol:
http://allegro.pl/modul-swiatel-dziennych-drl-swiatla-dzienne-plus-i3830371949.html

I'll skip google translate and hand over to one of my Polish mates to help. :rolleyes:

Brodziu I want one dude. Do get one for your car and i'll be wanting one for sure

This looks good, almost too simple! Has anyone taken the plunge and bought/fitted this yet?