ericuk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Name:eric
  • Car :2.2 i-ctdi exec
  • Locationluton

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

I know my tourer is no Ferrari but it has got more poke than my previous car and its nice to have some power again. On the negative side, I've gone from 610 miles to a tank, down to less than 600 predicted by the display. I've been enjoying the gas pedal too much :)

#22 Udai

Udai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name:Udai
  • Car :Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

We've just done a trip from London to Poland, approx 900 miles. Once we got out of London we drove at approx 100mph the entire way...ocassionally hitting 120... I was pretty happy with our 47.5mpg

#23 RedDragon

RedDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name:Andras
  • Car :Accord i-ctdi
  • LocationCrawley

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

Yesterday a counted. 31mpg 2.2 i-ctdi tourer. 250miles city 200miles motorway. 450miles with one full tank. Something wrong? :-/

#24 GordyC

GordyC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Name:Gordon
  • Car :53 Accord Sport CTDI
  • LocationFalkirk

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Heavy right foot? If I don't get between 600 and 650 miles from a full tank then something is wrong. The furthest ive had is 712. Never sat down and worked out my MPG but I think its quite reasonable for a 10 year old motor.
  • RedDragon likes this

#25 Lainton

Lainton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Lee Lainton
  • Car :accord & s2000
  • LocationSwindon wilts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yesterday a counted. 31mpg 2.2 i-ctdi tourer. 250miles city 200miles motorway. 450miles with one full tank. Something wrong? :-/

#26 Lainton

Lainton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Name:Lee Lainton
  • Car :accord & s2000
  • LocationSwindon wilts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

That sounds about right. I only get 450 miles per tank on average, 2.2cdti saloon ex, 05. My mate has facelift and gets 600 but always on an economy drive. I'm driving 600 miles the weekend, all motorway, I'll post my results after.

#27 RedDragon

RedDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name:Andras
  • Car :Accord i-ctdi
  • LocationCrawley

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

No heavy foot. Normal use, but not like old man. Motoway is tempomat 70-80mph

#28 JimmyMac

JimmyMac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name:Jim MacGregor
  • Car :Accord 2.2i CDTi
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Generally around 50 for me though 40-45 on motorway. A mate of mine gets 85 driving carefully in his Skoda Octavia diesel so that's what I'm getting next.

#29 ericuk

ericuk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Name:eric
  • Car :2.2 i-ctdi exec
  • Locationluton

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

550 miles town and countryside road, very tame driving. Are there any suggestions as to how one might improve this figure?

I had a full service but the plugs were not changed. Could this be a factor?

#30 teacake

teacake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name:David
  • Car :08 Tourer EX CTDi
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

550 miles town and countryside road, very tame driving. Are there any suggestions as to how one might improve this figure?

I had a full service but the plugs were not changed. Could this be a factor?

Possibly, although the diesel doesn't have plugs, so you may have found the economy worse if the service agent had tried to fit them.

#31 RossM

RossM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name:Ross
  • Car :Accord 2.2i CDTi
  • LocationManchester

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Possibly, although the diesel doesn't have plugs, so you may have found the economy worse if the service agent had tried to fit them.

I think he maybe meant glow plugs :P  Wouldn't affect mpg though, just wouldn't start - then again I suppose 0mpg isn't good!

2.2 i-CDTi for me, I do 50/50 busy motorway/sat in traffic when going to and from work, and about the same without traffic the rest of the time, if I just drive without thinking about mpg I get low 40s, if I drive carefully it goes up to high 40s or low 50s.

Edited by RossM, 06 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#32 dl0205

dl0205

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:Diesel Lover
  • Car :Accord 2.2 CTDI
  • LocationKent

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

The best I ever achieved was 900 miles from 61.43 litres of supermarket diesel. The cars computer read 71mpg, but my calculations worked out at 66.5mpg. That was a mixture of M25 and North London driving. The tank before that was around 850 miles from a similar amount of diesel.

#33 Jamie91

Jamie91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Name:Jamie
  • Car :2005 iCDTI Saloon
  • LocationSlough

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

The best I ever achieved was 900 miles from 61.43 litres of supermarket diesel. The cars computer read 71mpg, but my calculations worked out at 66.5mpg. That was a mixture of M25 and North London driving. The tank before that was around 850 miles from a similar amount of diesel.

900 miles!! it's a wonder you didn't clog the fuel filter bringing up all the crud at the bottom of the fuel tank

I came on here wondering if anyone could beat the personal record I set tonight in my pre facelift 2.2 saloon

773.1 miles (only drove 22 miles on the warning light). Calculated 64.9 MPG, almost entirely motorway stuff sat with the lorries

Edited by Jamie91, 16 March 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#34 Netrocyn

Netrocyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name:Howard Staveley
  • Car :2007 Accord Tourer
  • LocationBeverley, East Yorkshire

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

Had mine a year and over that time been very happy with the mpg of my cdti tourer. I do tons of miles but I usually only ever put 30 quid in at a time for the laziness of contactless payment but on A roads and motorways that gets me about 350 miles (thats fuel light to fuel light).The trip computer over-reads by about 3-4 mpg. Ive never quite had a real life mpg of 60mpg over half a tank, had 59mpg though!

I do drive like Ms Daisy and this does have effects, unlike Volvos I had previously that never sooted up regardless of how you drove, the cdti does soot up and needs a blast at some point every tankful.

Its a nice engine though. Very quiet when warmed up.

#35 Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car :Accord 7 Estate 2005
  • LocationKT8 Postcode

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

One leaky injector, or the air filter blocked can make the difference of a 100 mile return on a tank.

Follow all pre flight checks as per the airlines. Cut weight to a minimum (ditch family if needed), windows up all the way and try not to use the aircon.

Cleaning the car (polish and wax the bodywork) will help, as will cleaning off the dirt on the brake pads and discs before leaving.

All journeys differ in terms of level road and/or hills, urban driving has never taken into account the potential energy changes of a trip around Cornwall.

Sun or rain, high winds and single lane mud/manure or other stuff that glues the tyres to the gravel.

Plus the heavy foot , left and right.

Edited by Channel Hopper, 12 April 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#36 Richard B

Richard B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name:Richard
  • Car :2006 Tourer
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

I noticed a sudden drop in fuel economy.  Not huge, but I saw numbers lower than usual. 

Something clicked when I checked the oil - there is too much oil in the engine.  Musn't have been on a level surface the previous instance I checked the oil, because I had to add some.  And it's over by about the amount I thought I was low.  I think the additional oil is causing drag on the crank, swallowing a few MPG.

Anyway, that is my theory.  Science has proved my cognitive bias wrong occasionally, but I'll be sucking a little bit of oil out through the dipstick hole to get the level where it belongs.

#37 2taol

2taol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Name:Alan
  • Car :'11 Accord 2.2 ES GT
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

over a 1000mile average the MPG on my I-CDTi was 51.6

that is driving consistently easy, below speed limits and cruise control on motorways as well as 5 days per week stuck in traffic!

its just a matter of reprogramming your throttle foot  !!

• Bounder likes this