What's new

Next Problem - Power Steering Lines

jimg2109

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0sei
While fixing my exhaust i got the garage to have a look at the power steering lines as when I was below the car I could see a definate leek at the drivers side.....I was aware fo this previously and though that it was the reservoir as the level only goes down to the pipes then looses no more!!!

On examining the car the mechanic reckons that the lines have been changed and are a botched up job ( one part from a home central heating system)....any ideas as to where I can get the proper lines and what sort of cost please.......Its never ending at the moment ..great start to Honda ownership!!!

Not a good start at all, sounds like the previous owner didn't treat her very well. Sorry I can't answer your questions though. Hope it's a handy/cheap fix.

Have a look at Lings for an idea of the part and price, you will need to create an account to see it. You can maybe give the forum affiliate Holdcroft Honda a call for a better price or try local dealer.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S1T01&block_02=B__3361&block_03=2653

B__3361.jpg

I'm sure someone done a guide on here for replacing the lines, but I just can't find it. I was trying to investigate if copper piping would be safe with PS Fluid but having no joy, I just had my brake lines done so it got me thinking about the power steering lines.

I measured the front cooler and its diameter is about 10mm so guessing the other pipes are around the same. Most of the small mini pipe benders you can buy
have a 10mm upper limit so you would expect if your mechanic does brake lines (3/16ths) he probably has the tool to bend 10mm.

Thanks Andy have registered and it is worth it for the diagrams alone all though the Power stering lines seem to be the wrong way round as my reservoir is on the right when you look at the engine from the front, however all 10mm hoses which means I could replace by buying a length of hoise and cutting to size.

Thanks again