What's new

Nackered Manifold, what do I need to buy?

pimpinator

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CTDI
Hi guys,

I've just dropped my car off at my local garage for a major service and also to check over my manifold as I could smell fumes. I've had a few messages from the mechanic (mainly swearing at the turbo volts which snapped) but he said it's cracked on the inside and he doesn't think he could re-weld this.

What I need to know is basically, what do I need to buy to get this replaced. I'm on a tight(ish) budget so no official £700 honda manifold as that would break the bank, I know there's kits on ebay but which to buy and are there any others out there other than ebay listings that anyone knows of as I've called a few parts places (jap parts, eurocarparts etc) and neither of these have the manifold listed as an aftermarket part they would stock so I'm getting stuck but need this sorting as I can get my car back from the garage and actually use it again.

Any advice or links to items that will get me up and running fully appreciated :blink:

Balmer Lawn Honda ebay ( Main Dealer ) had a new genuine Honda Accord Diesel Manifold Kit 04-08 for £320 + £7.95 postage.

Honda price is 'only' £409.44 for the kit (but only about a fiver less for the manifold on its own).

Cox Honda are currently giving 35% off, making £266.14 (+ delivery +VAT), so probably around the same cost as the one found by hobnob, above. But I think the point here is that Honda dealers are doing deals on these manifolds, so it makes sense to contact Holdcroft Honda to see what deals they might be doing, particularly with the TA discount (PM a mod for the current code).

Cracked on the inside? How could you tell it was leaking?

I've only had the car a month and almost straight away I could smell fumes in the cabin and after extensive research, I noted that it was most likely the manifold so I took my chances and told my mechanic to check it out, he was reluctant due to the work involved just going off my hunch but it turns out to have been the case. I've seen the full kits for the £330ish mark but as I've only just got the car and bought all the major service parts, I'm getting strapped for cash. I saw this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HONDA-CIVIC-UFO-ACCORD-CR-F-FR-V-2-2i-CTDI-2002-2011-/190958482221?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c7603332d
has anyone used these before, any good as the saving compared to the full kit is quite a bit?

I asked my mechanic if I needed the full kit and he said everything else was still ok to re-use (Gasket etc) so he's told me just to get the manifold itself. I just can't find anything cheaper than the one I linked to above for £189 so was checking if anyone else has used this part or if anyone knows of anything else cheaper elsewhere but this is looking quite hard to source anywhere other than a couple of ebay or MD's

Hi Pimpinator. I feel for you as I was in your shoes not long ago. I smelled fumes insight the cabin for some time and it just went worst. Eventually it resulted in my engine going to limp mode. Not sure if that's what caused it, nevertheless, since the manifold has been replaced and errors cleared, I don't experience such problems anymore.
I have kept my old manifold and had it checked in my local garage. They welded the cracks and put it through the pressure test so the manifold is fixed and ok to use. I'm happy to sell it to whoever needs it for small amount as I know how expensive the job is. I paid just the garage over £300 just to fit the new manifold. So if someone needs it then drop me a message.

Mahonyt said:
I paid just the garage over £300 just to fit the new manifold.
You paid £300 just to have it fitted? My offer of £200 fixed price repair in Bradford at my mates workshop still stands for anyone interested.

Jon why not remove yourself and have it welded locally?

I should have done that years ago! It's more likely I'll be in touch if I ever have to come up your way, and I'll have it done then.

well just to add, I purchased the manifold only from the seller on ebay, I called him and managed to get some money knocked off (£165 delivered) but I think I'm going to have a hefty overall bill what the major service I've requested (bought parts myself from HH) but also having all brakes replaced and the manifold work, not looking forward to the bill coming in

F6HAD said:
You paid £300 just to have it fitted? My offer of £200 fixed price repair in Bradford at my mates workshop still stands for anyone interested.
I wish your garage was little closer. Do you know anyone reliable in Buckinghamshire/West London area?