What's new

Space Saver size

Graphite Pearl

Members
Reaction score
Car
ES GT iDTEC
Ok so this may sound a bit dumb, but what size space saver do I need for my ES GT, it has 18" deltas on but only has the repair kit in the boot. I have seen civic space savers on ebay, and was thinking would they suffice or not?

Any help would be appreciated, I know I could go direct to Honda, but was hoping not to spend that much and the Civic ones are fetching around £50 on ebay

This is the question I have been asking, too, Karl. I recently joined in order to get advice and ideas on space savers or better still a full sized steel spare and how to make it fit the well. I have 17s on my 2009 tourer iDTEC.

From what I can gather John the tourer has more room in the well than the saloon and I'm sure I have read somewhere that you can fit a full size 16"in the well of a tourer

I've seen photographic proof that a normal wheel can fit in the tourer spare tyre well (just about). There's no room for anything else, but it will go. Don't know about the saloon.

You can get a full size 17inch wheel in the tourer but you will have to take out the bit were the tools go this just unclips or in mycase I just ripped it out.
You won't get a 18inch wheel in.
I got mine from some German site about £165 for tyre and wheel which was delivered in 3 days

Has anyone on here replaced their kit in a saloon with a spare (full size or space saver), if so what size please?

I managed to get an original Honda 17 inch spacesaver from a breakers yard in Kent. It just about fits, maybe a tiny bit too big but I have a boot protector in and dont notice it. It came out of a crashed 2010 iDtec accord. Cost me 80 quid but it had never been used and Honda are looking for approx 170 for one.

The large bit of foam that the jack, pump and can of fluid fit into is obviously thrown out and the spacesaver is screwed into place and there is another piece of foam which fits in on top of the spacesaver with slots of the tyre iron, jack etc.

The findings are:

Tourer - remove the underfloor trim and you can fit a space saver or a 16" steel wheel or alloy, there is loads of room. 16" steels with tyres are about £115 delivered from www.mytyres.co.uk

Saloon - only the Honda space saver will fit as there isn't much room. Our sponsor Holdcroft Honda can sell you one at discount - should be less than £170 delivered.