What's new

exhaust cutting

hzd

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord cl9
I remember seeing somewere a video af an accord or a tsx exhaust before and after cutting.. cant find it anymore. Well anyway straight to the point.. I want abit more growl from my stock. I dont want aftermarket backboxes as I thinj the stock tips look good. Would cutting the mid box out dramatically improve the grunt ? Has anyone done it?

I don't know about an Accord but I bought a wider diameter mid section for my MX5 which had the mid box deleted. I don't think the power was massively improved but it made a lovely noise full of pops and bangs on the overrun (childish but awesome) and it certainly seemed more eager and responsive.

On my ep3 I had a desilenced spoon b pipe. The thing was nuts. Pops, bangs. Very nice.

My s2000 centre baffles were destroyed so I had it cut out, loud, raspy, horrible.

I do want to cut the centre section out of my cl9 to a little more noise. I'm not sure if you would get any noticeable power.

Im not after noise. I had an ek with straight trough exhaust was cool as I was young now I just want it to roar more when hitting the pedal. Well I think ill do it this weekend ill let you know of the results

Please do.
I had an ek4 with a 4-1 manifold, de-cat back, the thing was awesome, sounded like a scooby.
Can't get away with that now :(

Have you got an induction.
I've got a K&N which gives a nice roar but not enough for me!

spending over 100 pounds for some alloy tube and a logo is a no go for me. Ill try and make one up. Is your k&n just a filter or short ram or cai ?

I bought mine second hand.
Short ram but I do have the extra pipe to make it long ram but with all the floods we get in the south west it's not a good option!

Just an update if anyone is interested. I had my mid boxes cut out and a pipe welded in on my cl9. Noise changed sounds sportier but not over the top. When vtec hits sounds pretty good also if you build up pressure in the exhaust its possible to get a little pop of the exhaust which just brings out the little young boy racer in me :D

I've got a Injen CAI with a custom single cat back set up (decat). I've since added a silencer in the middle to quieten the boy racer in me. The raspy noise and hum had reduced however it still is a joy to drive. Decat FTW!