What's new

Fuel Filter. Petrol.

Bludclot

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4i Exec
Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been asked/ answered etc etc.

I like to renew parts of the car that i know i haven't/ havent been replaced. So i wanted to put a new fuel filter in. Having done the air, cabin and oil filters.

Now, i though that there was 2:
1 at the suction end of the pump in the tank:
and another inline one, under the bonnet.

However, main stealer tells me that the filter is a fit for life part??? Filter??? surely a filter filters particulates and will, enevitably need replacing.

They were referring to the sock on the suction and told me there isnt an "in-line" fuel filter. Admittledly i havent got round to actually looking under the bonnet yet. lame i know :blush: .

They sell, what "looks like" an in line filter for a 2005 2.4 Tourer on ebay for around a tenner. i'm slightly confused :wacko: .... again.

can any one confirm if it is just the one filter in the tank/ pump?.

many thanks in advance, :D

Alex.

Same with the Civic Ep (01-05), Haynes manual says the same thing. Fits for life ;)

There's only the one and it's in the fuel tank. The fuel filter in the petrol doesn't really clog like the diesel unless you've mis-fueled (hard to do) or rust in the tank or whatever. Petrol is a solvent and will usually dissolve anything in it's way - hence the "for life" comment. No harm in changing it if you want to:

There's a DIY on it here:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12565-replace-gen7-petrol-fuel-filter/?hl=fuel

Many thanks. Ive no problems with performance. it was just one of those things i wanted to do, but i will leave it for now as it seems the car will tell me when something is up.

Thanks again :) .

Alex.