What's new

Who makes the 8th generation navi and audio ICE

JusRight

Reaction score
Car
Accord Dtec Type S
Hi to anyone who has any idea regarding who makes the audio soundsystem in the new accord because i was thinking about fitting a dvd player but im not sure if this is possible although this could be done on the 7th generation since the ice was made by alpine and you could download the accessories pdf list of add on's but there seems to be nothing available on the net im not sure if the 8th generation is made by alpine or panasonic such as acura els surround system in the states even though im not sure if the uk ice is the same as the us just with no labels someone more knowledgeble please advise. I would also love to know as a recommendation how would one go about installing a new amp or change the subwoofer for extra bass ?

Hi Mate,

The head unit is Panasonic (Matsus****a) and the speakers are also Panasonic.

have a look on here Type S 8th Gen

I am not swearing about panasonic - the name of the parent company has a swear word in it ...........lol

Hi Mate,

The head unit is Panasonic (Matsus****a) and the speakers are also Panasonic.

have a look on here Type S 8th Gen

I am not swearing about panasonic - the name of the parent company has a swear word in it ...........lol

That is funny lol although my eye balls nearly left my head when i saw some of the prices of the for navi and audio replacement units i can understand why they have that swear word in there name now because you will actually have a s***a if you have to pay some of those prices for replacement parts.
Wooder thanks so much for finding this information hopefully all 8th generation owners can benefit from this info like myself Thanks Again Wooder

That is funny lol although my eye balls nearly left my head when i saw some of the prices of the for navi and audio replacement units i can understand why they have that swear word in there name now because you will actually have a s***a if you have to pay some of those prices for replacement parts.
Wooder thanks so much for finding this information hopefully all 8th generation owners can benefit from this info like myself Thanks Again Wooder

No problem mate, glad to be of help:rolleyes:

I thought the 7th Gen audio was dear but it's nowhere near the cost of the 8th Gen kit, although mine has no sat nav.

No problem mate, glad to be of help:rolleyes:

I thought the 7th Gen audio was dear but it's nowhere near the cost of the 8th Gen kit, although mine has no sat nav.

Its crazy what they charge for oem parts i been hoping to find maybe an oem dvd player so i don't lose out on any functions on the factory set up but i can't seem to find any online anywhere do you or any one else have any advice on how to go about installing one, also wooder is the premium audio the same as the els surround system in the us acura tsx

Do you mean the premium sound system in the 8th gen?

If so i am not sure if that system is available in the UK

Heres a link to the Elliot Scheiner tuned system the yanks have (ELS) with ten speakers.

http://www.panasonic...urround/tsx.asp
Yes Wooder the premium sound system is made by panasonic but im still wondering if it is the same thing as the els surround system since the uk version has 10 speakers as well ? it wouldn't suprise me to find out it is the same. i have found out by speaking to domnic from www.tvandnav2go.com that you can upgrade your premium audio entertainment system using there plug and play av interface (Which is the same unit as nav tv and pac audio and all the other oem intergrator companys which are selling this product with there name on it as their solution since it is made by only one manufactuer which sells to these companys) via the 32 pin plug connected to the navigation dvd rom in the boot no splicing involved. the accura tsx is using the same dvd rom drive and almost identical headunit very simple install just plug the 32 pin plug lead into the tvandnav2go av interface then the other 32 pin plug coming from the av interface back to the to the nav dvd rom and supply 12volts to have two extra video inputs for a Tv tuner, dvd player or ps3 or whatever you fancy. For anyone intrested in modding there cars feel free to check out the link i have purchase mine and just awaiting delivery will let you know when its installed and I have been told it accepts ntsc or pal. Thanks again Wooder for the useful info.