What's new

Dual zone A/C problem.

szorstkousty

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda
I could not find any information about my problem. My air conditioning works but cold air blows only on a passenger side. Driver side blows air in temperature outside. Anyone knows what could cause it?

Someone had this a while back. I don't remember who or what solved it. But it's worth checking for sticking flaps inside the air channels, check your pollen filter (behind the glove box) and check all's well with regards gas levels and air con solenoid.

I have refilled gas last summer. And changed cabin filter too. Do you know how to get to flaps? I reckon it may be this, because passenger side goes freezing. It probably got stuck.

flaps are motor-driven

check with the control set to "dual" on, and put them both up to maximum
ramp the temperature down slowly on the drivers side to see if the temperature alters, then put it back up to maximum
then do the same on the passenger side.
then do the same with "dual" off, and see if the sides behave the same as with "dual" on.

If the drivers side varies ok, but passenger side blows cold all the time, then the motor and/or flap is probably seized on the drivers side
If the drivers side also remains at one temperature, then it's probably more serious, probably the control module is cream-crackered

I've checked it as you suggested and it works. Only driver side is 4*c wormer than other. Checked with thermometer. Apart from this seems working OK.

^ not checked my car with a thermometer, but that's probably par for the course, I doubt if you can get it much better than that without a huge/mega/massive amount of work