What's new

Engine oil for accord i-CTDI

ann_kelvin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
Hi All,

Recently bought a 7th gen accord 2.2 i-CTDI and it has been fully serviced by HH. I'm planning to buy the engine oil just in case i need to top it up but does it matter which brand to go for since I only know they put in 0W-30 oil. Can I just go for any 0W-30 oil or anyone know what's make and exact oil being used by HH? Many thanks in advance.

Kelvin

Lol not really and it was done by the previous owner. Besides I wouldn't mind to drive down to get full service if i got more time off lol.

Is there any alternative I could use and easier to source??? any recommendation?

Hi All,

Recently bought a 7th gen accord 2.2 i-CTDI and it has been fully serviced by HH. I'm planning to buy the engine oil just in case i need to top it up but does it matter which brand to go for since I only know they put in 0W-30 oil. Can I just go for any 0W-30 oil or anyone know what's make and exact oil being used by HH? Many thanks in advance.

Kelvin

I take it all went well with Justin's car.

Did you enjoy the ride home?

CJ has already give you some insight into what HH use, if you want to be precise get some top up bottles from your local dealer, however it will be pricey but will be fully synthetic (CJ or anyone please correct me if wrong) whereas the cheaper synthetic oil is not "fully synthetic"

I am of the belief that it is best to keep to the same brand etc for the particular oil that is currently in, but equally if you get a fully synthetic 0-30w that is not Honda, then it should be ok for topping up. The real main concern is that you don't use 5-40w etc.

Hi Carl,

Yeah Justin is a nice guy to deal with and the car is excellent. Really enjoy the accord and always put a smile on my face whenever i drive it.

Yes I'm also trying to use the same brand as well but not sure if I could get a small tub from my local honda dealer.

Guys diesel oil choice is so volatile there are two sects of people , the no compromise ones, and the one oil is oil ones.

This has lead to many heater arguments and basically turns into a battle of the wills. So without sterotyping diesel owners :) oil and is oil for you guys as saving money is the key here.

Lol Thanks for the info CJ. BTW, could you send me the discount code for the OPIE??? since there is further discount with this ;) Thanks in advance

This has lead to many heater arguments and basically turns into a battle of the wills. So without sterotyping diesel owners ;) oil and is oil for you guys as saving money is the key here.

No we wouldnt want any stereotyping now would we :)

Re the oil viscosity is the key being 0w30, dont bother with any DPF compliant rubbish as we dont have a DPF we can enjoy a fully additive ladden oil which is a bonus. I used to use Motul and that was a very good oil, however now Im using exol ive not noticied any negatives. The big difference is Im now changing my oil twice as often with exol because I can afford to as its alot cheaper.

Knowing how black diesel oil gets changing the oil on a more frequent basis must be better IMO.

I agree with Andy here iv just switched to exol and thanks to Andy we have discount as well.

I am getting my 25 litres from Opie tomorrow complete with pump... Very impressed with them so far as I forgot to put my house number on the order and a nice lady phoned me this afternoon to check....

Just go with the Lubetech, also agree with Andy :lol:

CJ who?

If its just for occassional top up, your local honda dealer should do a 1 litre castrol 0W30 pack for around £12 I think. This is considerably cheaper than any of the supermarkets or filling stations around here which are normally around £16 for 1 litre.

i have never ever ever seen a petrol station with 0W30...

Got my Lubetec today... no too sure about the pump....