What's new

How much oil in a 2.2 Accord iDTEC engine?

offs

Members
Reaction score
Car
59 iDTEC ES GT
I am going to do an minor service/oil and filter change myself and wanted to know how much oil to get. I had a look through the forums but my searches were futile :(

I was planning on getting Castrol Edge FST 0w30 c2/c3 oil and its pretty expensive stuff but hopefully will keep the dpf gremlins at bay.

As a side question, I read somewhere that the civic 2.2 icdti engine was built in Swindon but the accord icdti was built in Japan. Is this the same with idtec?

8thgenfan said:
You need just less than 6 ltrs matey low saps 0/30
This looks promising, great price for 20L (just under 90 quid):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULLY-SYNTHETIC-ENGINE-OIL-0W-30-LOW-SAPS-HONDA-20-LTR-/290575216187?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a7a1ee3b

FULLY SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL 0W/30 LOW SAPS HONDA 20 LTR

[SIZE=11pt]Applications:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Optima LSH 0W/30 is particularly suited to vehicles equipped with anti-pollution systems such as diesel particulate filters where the product’s low SAPS levels will greatly prolong the filter’s lifespan. These same features also ensure the maximum performance of catalytic converters since phosphorus and sulphur can impair the operation of such devices. This offers further environmental advantages by ensuring efficient treatment of exhaust gases.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Optima LSH 0W30 is also suitable for use in petrol engines (check the vehicle’s manual before use).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Optima LSH 0W30 is suitable for use in a variety of vehicles including the following.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Honda[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Civic 2.2i CDTi with DPF, Honda Accord 2.2i CDTi with DPF and DTEC, Honda FR-V 2.2i CDTi with DPF, Honda CR-V 2.2i 4WD with DPF and DTEC[/SIZE]

For my 2009 diesel accord I found this:

Engine Code: N22B1
Capacity 5.5 litre Service fill
Capacity 6.5 litre Dry fill

Service intervals
Normal:
Change: 20000 km / 12 months
Severe:
Change: 20000 km / 12 months

If you've not bought the oil yet, the ebay link is to a seller who is a member of the forum, so we get forum discounts from them.

If you have a look, I think they are selling at £68 plus postage for 20ltr drum of the exol 0w30 low saps.

Please could somebody show me the link as my searching has been fruitless! I would like to buy a 20l drum so I can do interim changes myself.
Has anybody used a vacuum extractor with their Accord? I have had mixed success with mine and not sure why (on the good lady's Merc)!

If you've not bought the oil yet, the ebay link is to a seller who is a member of the forum, so we get forum discounts from them.

If you have a look, I think they are selling at £68 plus postage for 20ltr drum of the exol 0w30 low saps.
Do we need to get a code to get it at £68 or do we just contact the seller?

I bought one of the electric oil pumps from Lidl, never been a big fan of them as I am dubious about how well they extract all the old oil.
However with a hot engine and it connected to the battery it sucked all the oil out in very quick time.
Clean too, I had the filter and new oil in in under 20 minutes allowing time for fitting new o-rings etc to the filter housing. It even sucked all the old oil away from the filter housing which i replaced with fresh oil before refitting the new one.
If I had to guess i'd say there was less than 100ml left in the sump after sucking it out.