What's new

AC Compressor Needed

l_Zeke_l

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 8th Gen
Hoping someone can help.
Imported an Accord from the UK three weeks ago.
Turns out the AC compressor isn't working (had it checked and it seems the clutch isn't kicking in)
Trying to locate a used one over here in Ireland is proving quite difficult (8th Gen accords haven't been crashed a lot here it seems :) )

Can anyone give me tips or point me in the direction of a scrap merchant in the UK that might have one that I can get shipped over?
Don't exactly want to get screwed on pricing either on it :)

Also any tips on the exact part to search for. I'm not sure what it looks like out of the car, so looking on ebay etc is a bit tough as I can't ID one

Should be one of the only things with a belt round it, petrol one could be different to the diesel one too so be specific when asking for one.

Look a lings site and will also have the part number there.
Also try eBay to see if one comes up there.

Actually bringing it to the Ford/Honda garage locally early next week to get a proper diag. At least then I'll be sure

Can't you access the Lings Honda exploded views/schematics with part numbers?

If not, maybe someone in the UK could do this, save it as a jpeg and post it in this thread?

Yeah quite a few 8th gens breaking for parts on Ebay, have a search on there. Also try Holdcroft Honda for a quote with our discount.

Also I think I've read that the aircon needs to be able to work for the DPF to regen?? Am I right or going mad.....! Fahad would know.