What's new

8th Gen Accord Saloon & Accord Tourer Spacesavers !

Oilburner26

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iDTEC Tourer
Does anyone know whats the physcal difference if any regards saloon 17" spacesaver and 17" Tourer spacersaver both have slightly different part numbers.

Part No. 06421-TL3-305 for Saloon.

Part No. 06421-TL6-305 for Tourer.

Does the tourer spacesaver fit the saloon can any one confirm thanks.

Dont know, might be the tool box kit that fits inside, might be a smaller one for the saloon, as the tourer has loads of space under the boot floor, once the tyre gunge and compressor kit are removed.

Honda dealer parts dept. might know.

I bought a 16" steel wheel and tyre, Accord ES size, so I'm not restricted to 50mph on a spacesaver.

richsprint said:
Dont know, might be the tool box kit that fits inside, might be a smaller one for the saloon, as the tourer has loads of space under the boot floor, once the tyre gunge and compressor kit are removed.

Honda dealer parts dept. might know.

I bought a 16" steel wheel and tyre, Accord ES size, so I'm not restricted to 50mph on a spacesaver.
Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply, at the moment I have not had any joy from Honda Dealership !, according to Honda Parts website both are 17" wheels, I thought it may be the kit they supplied with is different I cant see the stud holes being different or the offsett of the wheel centres either, hopefully someone else on the forum might know the answer if the tourer ones fit the saloon.

Tourer and saloon wheels are identical, so it must be the fitting kit or tool box supplied or something.

For your info a 16" steel wheel and cheap new tyre is about £98 delivered, not £170 like a space saver, so a useful saving. 16" wheel and tyre has the same diameter as the 17" setup, so safe to use for a spare.

I used the ES model wheel and tyre size, 16" wheel with 205/60-16 tyre. Same diameter as the 17" aloy with 225/50/17 tyres.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/skw.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=8644431.110.13277&sowigan=So&s_p=Steel_wheels_summer

Then I just bought the retaining bolt to bolt the spare down to the boot floor, about £7 from Honda.

UPDATE - The dealership I purchased the Tourer from new and also they did supply the spacesaver, after their lengthy discussion and cross referencing between the Tourer & Saloon spacesaver they could see no actual difference on the wheel & Tyre, so they contacted Honda UK direct and after 10 minutes they called me back the Tourer spacesaver will fit the saloon but were told the pressure label fitted to the wheel will be wrong.

But my own suggestion to anyone fitting a spacesaver wheel coming from a Saloon to a Tourer would be check with your dealership first as there may be a difference in tyre loading coming from a lighter saloon vehicle to a heavier tourer.

Hope this information help other forum users.