What's new

dpf removal done

s18fty225

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 i-dtec
had my dpf removed and egr off along with a remap by fahad at premier tuning. What a totally different car it has become, well worth the money and i could not advise going anywhere other than fahad, he explains everything you need to know and keeps in touch while the work is being done and he even sent me a picture to show the progress and cleaned the car when it was finished!
THANKS FAHAD

Nice one Mark, thanks for taking the time to feedback. That accord is a lovely example and in the best colour too!

It's on our Facebook page if anyone's interested

Hi Fahad,

I have exactly the same year and model. What sort of money are we talking?

Steve

I'll drop you a line Steve.

What's the story with the dpf removal and the latest mot law changes mate ???

The only change is a visual check. There are no changes to emissions or smoke testing. It's well documented on this and various forums.

I discussed DPF removal with my tester at the weekend. Tested exactly the same as previously according to him, not even mention a of a visual.

^^ yep. I'm yet to see a failure.

Noob question, but have no clue with diesels here, DPF and EGR removal are only done electronically by interfering in the ECU software, or does it include the physical removal of the part too?

Includes removal of the physical DPF and where needed, blanking of the egr valve (if it's faulty)

Did fahad is right and also someone who does this for a living. Are you having issues? Drop Fahad a line and he can sort for you

Cheers for the responses lads. Not an Accord owner yet, still looking for a decent one, but try to educate myself as much possible about diesesl. Regarding the DPF, is this something that can go unnoticed by the MOT test when inspecting the engine bay? How could someone explain the welds? Or are they hidden when the part is back in place? Sorry for the many questions, but here in Germany ΤÜV testers are strict.

Can't be seen on the Honda, covered by heat shield