What's new

Pre-facelift sport/atr lip kits fit facelift?

Redrook

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen
***le says it all really. Will lip kits (front/rear valances and side skirts) from pre-facelift sports and ATRs fit on a post facelift 6th gen? Actually, do ATRs even have lip kits or is the whole bumper different? Also, are they pretty simple to fit? Will I be able to just bolt them to the existing bumpers?

Not sure if they have lip kits but sice the bumpers are different shapes and designs my guess would be "no", hopefully someone here can give you a better answer. Though I am fairly certain that the bumpers are fully interchangeable pre and post facelift and it shouldn't be too difficult to get facelifted bumpers at a good price from a brakers. That's if they wont fit yours OFC.

Ok, would I be right in thinking that facelift ATRs do not have a lip attached to the front bumper? They seem to just have the same bumper as the standard car. Whereas pre ATRs seem to have a lip at the bottom of the bumper.

So if I want an ATR front look, I will have to get a whole pre-facelift front bumper and fit it?

Given that the pre and facelifts have different bumpers, they also have marginally different grill shapes. Will a facelift grill fit with a pre bumper?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hi!

Pres have a lip kit indeed, and it is seperate to the bumper. The lips are attached to the bumper with screws/fasteners and 3M tape.

Posts didn't't have lips, however there was a lip available as an option, however they are very rare and only available for the front lip.

Pre bumpers will fit your facelift, however you will need a pre grill as they are shaped differently.

BlueVTEC said:
Hi!

Pres have a lip kit indeed, and it is seperate to the bumper. The lips are attached to the bumper with screws/fasteners and 3M tape.

Posts didn't't have lips, however there was a lip available as an option, however they are very rare and only available for the front lip.

Pre bumpers will fit your facelift, however you will need a pre grill as they are shaped differently.
Thanks Blue, I'm not keen on changing the bumper as I do prefer the post one. Any idea where I could get a post lip from? - or even just a nice, subtle aftermarket lip?

Hey, sorry for resurrecting this post but did you find out if they fit? I've seen a few post f/lift with the pre lip on them

Just got myself one today with the whole bumper attached. Wrong colour but already dismantled the lip from said bumper, gonnq spray it and fit it..

Already done a slight test fit and was fairly pleased.
Might use some silicone for attaching it as it looked like the factory fitting used it on the original bumper.