falling clutch pedal

04tony

Members
Reaction score
Car
07 accord ictdi
H'i guy's
04 tony here in sad old Dublin
left my accord cn1 into dublins no 1 ? honda dealer yesterday with the falling pedal problem.
today the diagnosis is fly wheel,clutch kit ,slave & master cyclinder with a price tag of 2,420 euro.
not bad for a stealership lol

Why are they replacing all those things? It's unlikely that they've all failed simultaneously.

It definitely looks like they can't be bothered to diagnose the actual problem... you need a second opinion!

H'i Jon-g
They said because of a heavey clutch it caused back pressure on the seals in both slave & master cyclinder,

What exactly are the symptoms? Heavy, squeaky/creaking clutch or is the clutch not actually engaging causing crunching gear changes etc?

2.5k!- Did you tow it to the stealer in your gold plated bugati veyron? Or maybe you've got expensive diamond incrusted dental implants (pimp style).Anyway, I would take it to a good independent, but first do some investigation yourself.

Did you mean "falling clutch pedal" as in it falls to the floor and doesn't come back up.

or

"failing clutch pedal" as in the pedal if failing to engage gears??

Either way I would check the fluid in the master clutch cylinder reservoir - is it low or dirty? Also look for leaks around master + slave cylinders.

Try bleeding+flushing the clutch fluid...The problem could just be 10 year old fluid!

What a load of tosh.

Get an in independant to replace master cylinder first. And ensure a full bleed is carried out.

H,i guys
i replaced master cyclinder myself 2 weeks ago,drained &flushed fluid as per here, could not get a full pedal .
had the car with two independent mechanics who just scratched their heads and said its definitly hydraulic.
So after all that time and money wasted i went to honda . at this moment car should be finished tonight ,
but waiting on an overnight delivery of slave cyclinder........fingers crossedthank,s lads

2.5K!! Get yourself to the number 1 clutch and repair team. Mr Clutch and Gearbox. He'll do the whole lot for about 900.

H'i guy's
collected car on monday . tech said flywheel had 100mm of play,should be 30mm max.
hence all the trouble.drove all day yesterday and it's a dream once again although final price was 2,281.37 euro.
thank's for all the help
04tony

Jebus, that's a wallop of a price lad, fair flecks to ya, so long as you're happy I suppose but would they not discount it at all?? And how could all those things be failing at once?? Seems odd, we know the 2.2 can have its issues but that mental??