• Pre-Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car :Civic 2.2ctdi
  • LocationSandwell

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hi

I dont know what has happend with all of the photolinks inside all of my DIY, it seems like they are gone. Anybody know how yo edit/restore them?
If you want pictures I still have them.

Thanks for taking the time to send the pics they will be very useful
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#82 Saibot

Saibot

• Pre-Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Jonas
  • Car :i-CTDi Sedan 2007
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

Greetings! Can anyone please send me the pictures? Planning on doing the job next week and a little would be appretiated :)

#83 dapper

dapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name:Phillip Rogers
  • Car :7th Gen Tourer
  • LocationLichfield

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:31 AM

Unfortunately I didnt take any pictures. But I can tell you a couple of things to look out for, which caused me a headache:

1. The oil feed pipe to the turbo. Be very careful not to bend it at all! Even a little bit out of shape and it will be a pain to get the mounting bolt back in the rear of the head (or block, I cant remember). In fact better still attach the feed pipe loosely before you have tightened the turbo. It's a bit hazy but I 'think' it was virtually impossible to remove the feed from the turbo with the turbo on the car.
2. If you are getting one of the cheap ebay manifolds be very careful not to strip the turbo mounting threads. The manifolds are made of cheese and I had to helicoil. Oops!
3. Drain the coolant. There are some who have the skills to do this without draining... Not me. And a face full of coolant is not what you need!
4. You'll need some sealant to put the water feed back onto the head.

That makes me sound like a right charlatan, however 20k miles down the line its all good. Took me a couple of evenings but could easily have been done in one. It makes a big different once done....obviously.

Good luck!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exhaust, manifold, replace, turbo, bad, ceacked;, new, fitting, diy