What's new

Petrol and diesel front bumper differences

luke w

Members
Reaction score
Car
CN2
My Accord is currently in the bodyshop have some repair work done and was hoping to have an A-Spec front spoiler fitted but the bodyshop are saying that there's no way it'll fit and even with cutting it up to fit the actual shape of it seems wrong.

So I just want to check, what are the exact differences between a petrol bumper and a diesel bumper and would they be enough to mean an A-Spec front spoiler wouldn't fit?

Wich model do you have?
03-05 or 06-07

Because 03-05 front bumpers are they same.

06-07 bumpers are the same but the aspec won't fit the diesel, because they're not enough cooling left for the intercooler

Sorry should have said, it's a 2004.

I've seen pre facelift diesels with the A-Spec style spoiler fitted, I know it would need trimming round the foglight area as the foglight housing seems to sit further out, but is the general shape of the bumper the same?

Pre facelift are different bumpers. Facelift are the same bumpers. You need to buy 03-05 Aspec lip, but you will need to modify it to fit the fog lamps if you have them.

The guys in the bodyshop have sent me these photos of how the spoiler is lining up at the moment and as you can see, the shape at the ends just seems all wrong and I want to double check whether this is due to the mould being rubbish or is there an actual difference in shape in those areas between the diesel and petrol bumpers?

Thanks, can't look at it on the work PC but will check it out when I get home.

After having another conversation with the guys at the bodyshop we've agreed to not bother with this spoiler, they would be able to get it to fit okay around the sides but the gap you can see around the fog light hole (as circled below) would need cutting and remoulding, which would be too much work at the moment.

Can anyone confirm for me though where this bit is due to the mould be off or is there a fundamental difference in this area between the two bumpers?

That's a poor quality mould mate. The lip should fit