'08 i-DTEC EX man 5D
Hi

I need to buy some new tyres. In strict ORDER OF PRIORITY I need them to be:

1. QUIET / low road noise (on motorways) [most important]
2. Braking in both wet and snow - must be reasonably good
3. MPG economy - must be good-ish
4. Long lasting
5. Cornering - Reasonable

I can't afford separate tyres for the winter so I guess they will need to be "all-weather" tyres. For use in England (and Scotland sometimes) on Honda Accord.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

J

If your asking all this from a tyre then I would go for yokohama advant Sport at around £180 a Corner on 18" wheels.

What's your budget?

I've been running Falken 914s which are a mid range tyre on my 7th Gen Accord and am very happy with them, they've never once felt like they were struggling, even in pretty poor weather conditions.

Can't comment on economy and noise compared to other tyres in the same size as I went up from 16" to 18" wheels when I fitted them, but these are the standard industry stats that all tyres makers now issue.

Fuel Eff: E Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB

You're going to have to ask little less of your tyres I'm afraid, usually you trade off one thing for another, better rolling resistance could mean better FE but more road noise. Better handling usually trades off against longevity.....

I wouldn't go solely on one websites recommendation though either. You will always find one person that didn't get along with what you think are the best...

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

Plenty of reviews there, but personally I wouldn't recommend Dunlops. I've two Hankook on the front of mine now and they're better than Dunlops, I haven't really pushed them to their limits as I'm hoping for a bit of longevity out of them, but they feel more direct and not as soft a tyre wall as the Dunlops.

Dunlop bluresponse are the quietest tyre I have experienced.
I was really impressed by them.
Not sure how it fairs on your other requirements though but definitely worth a look

How Luke said above fallen 914 they are quite good for their price. Positive response and input from me to.