What's new

DPF GONE

Bigfella76

Reaction score
Car
59 accord ex diesel
Had DPF removal and remap by Fahad at premier tuning and it's like I drove home in a different car....what a difference!!!! Fahad kept me well informed of every step that was being done and couldn't recommend him highly enough. I pulled in driving a bus and drove home in the car that I love to drive and paid good money for. Thanks again Fahad.

Nice one Richard, thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

Also worth mentioning yours is a 60k mile car with regular motorway runs and had needed a forced regen recently... Which lasted about 2k miles

Yes very true it was an obvious sign pretty soon would have need replacing not to mention any other damage it would have caused. I plan on keeping the car for a few more years and dpf paranoia is bad for your health haha. No more of that thank you very much.

Also on this one we capped off the egr at the manifold so even if it suffers from the common cracked bypass pipe, it won't matter as the pipe will be empty.

Enjoy :)

Ok it's been a week since my dpf removal and its been a joy to drive. I have also noticed my mpg has creeped up from 46 mpg to 50 mpg driving mainly on motorway with a pretty heavy foot so I'm now a very happy 8th gen owner.

Good stuff matey

Interesting to read this as I do have an interest in the ES GT auto CDti. Might be one of the first things I have done if by chance I buy one. Sorry to take thread off topic a bit but is this engine capable of a bit more grunt?

Of course, the ecu must be remapped ro remove the DPF regeneration cycle. Sensible to tune for power at the same time.

Sorry Fahad yeah I meant on a power performance basis. Something I'll keep in mind if ever my DPF gets blocked

F6had I've got a honda civic 2.2 cdti it's done 200000 miles. I've never cleaned the egr valve the car drives. But it's a bit less on power. And it will smoke at stand still but as soon as I put my foot down. The smoke stops. What can it be ?

Replied to your PM.

Best book it in for diagnostics session with me.

I've not long had a es gt tourer and looking into dpf removal... Does the dpf off remap affect the cruise control cos from other forums this can be an issue? Also, how much am I looking at to have this done?

Fishtank said:
I've not long had a es gt tourer and looking into dpf removal... Does the dpf off remap affect the cruise control cos from other forums this can be an issue? Also, how much am I looking at to have this done?
I haven't heard this before with premier tunning maps.This might be the case with other tunning company's.
But have a chat to Fahad and he can also give you a price

You have full functionality mate.

Who are you asking?

OK - I haven't quoted you anything yet Mariusz, so not sure where you got that price from.

Drop me a line with your vehicle reg and i'll give you a price.

Cheers

No, you didn't :D I just seen a price on your website. I'm currently looking for accord and considering options if DPF will go wrong :(
Unfortunately Halifax is a bit too far so might need to look for similar service in my area, can you recommend anybody Fahad, please?
Regards
Jocker01

Genera pricing for DPF removal starts from £395, but not for one of these mate.

I couldn't really recommend anyone, you will need to shop around like anything I guess.

We get customers making the trip from all over. It's like anything in life, anything worth having - is worth going the extra mile for. We turn them around in about 3 hours these days, and the whole job includes full diagnostics, engine functional tests, manual EGR blanking, DPF removal, cat cleaned out and of course ECU remap (which involves removal and tuning on the bench).

if you find someone who is as experienced with these locally, then go for it.

Yes it will pass, there is negligible change in emissions. Someone posted their before and after results earlier this year, just do a search.

User is Adam but I can't remember his username. He's an mot and taxi tester himself

Hi folks,

I have 93000 mile ES GT Tourer 59 plate. DPF was removed by local company and since then my town mpg has dropped to 28mpg!!! And I struggle to get 40mpg on motorway, Company said there must be something else wrong with the car, even though there were no errors showing when they first plugged it in, there have been no issues with the car in the 4yrs Ive had it it has been regularly serviced.

What else could be causing this drop in fuel consumption?

Well if this has only happened right after they removed the DPF and I ***ume remapped your ecu then it's probably a poor map.

Do consider that economy on diesels suffers in the cold weather too.

Thanks f6had,

I have spoken to him today and he states that it was not remapped only the codes removed (I'm not technical) but what he said sounds reasonable. £300 + vat! I thought that it would have been remapped. I have asked him to go back the the place that he gets them from and ask them to check the information for the software.

The power increase is there with no smoke or lag when powering down the slip road ( I'm not booting it everywhere). He thinks there may be an injector fault or a binding brake!!! I know the car and there are no issues other than poor fuel.

Yea I know that in the winter mpg will be lower but certainly not enough to really notice it, 20ltrs and only 124miles. I would generally get 200ish!

Impossible for me to say what's going on but removal of a dpf is not as simple as a few codes being deleted. The entire DPF regeneration cycle needs to be removed and a recalibration of emissions. £300 is on the very cheap side if that includes removal of the DPF and ecu flash. You get what you pay for..

That's not good, you get what you pay for!!! The garage has a good reputation locally and he has done a few Accords, I didnt think that was very cheap, I admit it's a lot cheaper that a new DPF.

I'm waiting on him getting back to me but he has said that if I got another DPF he would install it and refund, don't really want to do that though..