What's new

Ignition issue?

grentuu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
Just got back from a short drive. I stopped at the lights and the car stalled. (automatic SE) I tried a number of times to restart, it turned the engine over but died. It eventually started and got me about 800 metres up the road and did it again. It took about another 8-10 tries before it started again and stayed running. This got me home (only about half a mile)

My immediate thought was fuel blockage but then I remembered it did the same about two weeks ago at a set of lights but started straight up again so I thought no more of it.

However it has started me thinking of another issue. For about the last month, I noticed that if I am in the car when its not running, if I put the ignition to position two, say to open a window,the dashboard lights etc don't come on. If I give the key a miniscule turn towards start they light up and everything s good. Does this mean its an ignition switch issue? Are the two related?

Finally does anyone have a good how to if it needs replacing and an idea of cost?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the heads up but no joy :(

Your vehicle's fine and requires no current work.

No bother, still doesn't mean that the ignition switch hasn't worn out again though, buy one and you should be sorted. I had the same issue with a Civic Coupe recently.

My bet would be the ignisition switch, there is guide on replacing it in the How To setcion.