What's new

errors on OBD 2

toninu

Members
Reaction score
Car
soon accord
hi
I just read the error codes from dashboard by shorting obd pin 4 and 9. had these codes:

I got two problems I am currently aware about.
VSA light (ABS works tho)
if foglamp fuse is in place, one of the foglamps remains permanently on and can't switch it off.

any ideas on solutions or more info?

Hi

I have a similar Issue, ABS and VSA

If the car is parked up and I previously had a problem on the last drive, when I start the car both my ABS and VSA lights are both on.
As soon as I start driving there is a mechanical clonk, (normal sound of something engaging) the lights go off and everything is normal. ABS and VSA both work.

After driving for anywhere between 10 seconds and sometimes 30 mins or so. Both the ABS and VSA lights will turn on. Needless to say ABS and VSA are disabled.

At standstill I have connected pins 4 and 9 of the on board data link connector, near the coin box on the drivers side.

This might not be the exact sequence.
Pressing the brake pedal, inserting the key, removing foot, turning key to I, pressing the brake, turning key to ii, pressing the brake about 4 seconds, then removing my foot puts the ABS computer into a mode where it flashes fault codes on the ABS light, long for first number and short for second before moving onto the next code.

The faults I have are:
and

86. (NOT 66)

It looks like the first 5 fault codes suggest the wheel sensors are not working. I doubt all 4 have gone so the last code may be indicating what the main problem is causing the other faults.

Can anyone clarify what code 86 is?
I've been looking around but cant find out what it means and there seems to be a few other people having a similar issue.

Hopefully this can help others with the same codes. Seems like the common dealer fix for this is £1600 to replace the VSA. bba-reman.com can provide a re manufactured unit for around £600+ VAT. not cheap but better than the main dealer.

I guess I'm preparing myself in hope that the problem is with the ABS electronics module or pump, to remove the module, take it to reman and give them £35 to diagnose the problem and have them repair the module.
Looking at the photos I took earlier the Part number of the unit on my car seems to be: 57110-SEF-E610-M1, seems like these fail frequently.
located on the passenger side near the auxiliary belt,
background info, Honda did replace the VSA module under warrantee a couple of years ago as I like others had the VSA problem but this seems to effect VSA and ABS.

Thanks.

11, 13, 15, 17 & 12, 14, 16, 18 relate to the sensors and are DTCs common to both ABS and VSA

66 relates to the VSA pressure sensor, 86 indicates an F-CAN comms problem.

Some of these DTCs could be old, you should clear them all, and then re-check