What's new

Accord weird fault

AndrewWhad

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
My Accord has a problem, again !

A few months ago I had a problem with the throttle position sensor and with the info and help I received on this forum I bought a used one and replaced it. (Honda wanted £400 for it got it from breakers for £70)

Car was working fine until one month ago while driving the car's VSA, Engine management and ABS lights randomly came one, lost power/acceleration for a second or two then everything went back to normal.

It started doing this more frequently and especially when I would flash my high beam for the first time.

Weirdest thing went on a family trip yesterday and the car just wouldn't start so I was sure the battery was dead; left the key in the ignition and all of a sudden all the dashboard lights came tried again and it started Got to our destination (London RAF Museum/lovely place) and when we returned the car wouldn't start again. Left the key in the ignition for about a minute, dashboard lights came on started everything was fine.

On the way home the engine stopped while driving a couple of times and it turned itself back on.
I stopped listening to music, don't use climate control or anything else that can use electricity and for the car seems to be fine.

No more music / car starts !

I suspect the battery ?

What I don't understand is if the battery was dead the car shouldn't start at all ! Also I don't think the battery can cause to engine to turn off while driving.

Any ideas ?

Check all vehicle earth straps. Try fitting 2 jump leads from the battery negative terminal... one to the vehicle bodywork and the other to the engine block and see if that helps?

The battery negative terminal was loose, tightened and well see what happens ! It seems fine now. Thanks Jon!

^ I was going to say loose clamps. Jon seems to have diagnosed correctly as well.