What's new

TAKATA airbags failure, has anyone talked to Honda?

There is a recall on these in the UK. Had mine done a little while back.

I only thought the 2003-2005 accords were involved.
Didn't think the 2006 accords were affected.

My brother already got his letter from Honda - he owns a 2002 Honda Jazz
He has booked his appointment with his local dealer to have a first appointment to check out the car

Iv had a letter from honda asking to contact them to arrange appointment but aint had the time .

^I'd have gone yesterday, it's a safety thing, not to be messed with!!

@OP, why would we need to talk to Honda on this exactly?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/

That website will tell UK drivers if there's a recall on their car, by law it is not something that a manufacturer can hide from. Look at GM in USA, they hid the facts bout the ignition switch recalls and are now up s**t creek!!

Got the letter a while back, took it in one Saturday Morning - done and dusted in an hour and i could't even tell the dash had been off. Simples.

They even tried to sell me an S2000 while I waited. 2004 with 11,000 original miles sounded very tempting.

Well, after providing my VIN to our official dealer here, they said this vehicle isn't listed for a change. As they aren't the coolest guys, think I will write to Honda Japan directly to confirm this.

Email your VIN to the Honda affiliated dealer on here, Holdcroft Honda, they can check too I'm sure. I'd say you'd be a while awaiting contact from Japan :blink:

I phoned the other day day looking a price for a part and they took my vim told me I needed to bring it in for airbag and a breather so it's going down on Monday think I'll test drive something while I wait :)

Mr Honda said:
^I'd have gone yesterday, it's a safety thing, not to be messed with!!

@OP, why would we need to talk to Honda on this exactly?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/

That website will tell UK drivers if there's a recall on their car, by law it is not something that a manufacturer can hide from. Look at GM in USA, they hid the facts bout the ignition switch recalls and are now up s**t creek!!
from the info under his avatar, the OP is in Bulgaria

Hi I went on Honda UK website input V I N got reply that (my vehicle is fine and requires no current work) ?
car is 55 plate 2.0 petrol EX.

Zombie thread revival.

I just checked my VIN at the Honda UK site and it came back with "Safety recall: front pass airbag over pressurised".

This is going to cause some interesting head scratching when I roll up to my local Honda AU dealer. The local AU Takata recall website doesn't recognise my UK VIN, but my dashboard and accessory package are identical to Australian "Accord Euro" models of the same year.

WCPGW?

Turns out Honda AU have a program to look after Takata airbag recalls for imported cars.

As you can imagine, because we're a long way from anywhere, and we're a small market, there are a lot of cars we don't see in our showrooms. There are also heavy restrictions on personal imports, but there is a backdoor for people migrating here, which is how my car got here. And because Japan drives on the left Jap imports are popular.

Anyway there are apparently enough imported Hondas in the country affected by the airbag issue for Honda to worry about its reputation and legal grey areas.

It's not just Accords affected and Australia will took even more notice since one of their own citizens died as a result.

Yes indeed. There was a death in a Honda CRV not all that far from where I live. The moisture issue seems to be exacerbated by exposure to heat, which could be why the initial fatalities were reported in Florida and California.

The local Honda AU dealer replaced my passenger airbag yesterday, as part of the world wide recall. The wanted to have the car all day, because "they hadn't done one of these before", but they were finished way before the end of the day.

Then today I received a call from said dealer whether I was interested in trading in my car for a new Honda. Of course that was just a generic sales call, and we had an amusing chat about what would happen if I rolled in there asking for a valuation.

Richard B said:
Then today I received a call from said dealer whether I was interested in trading in my car for a new Honda. Of course that was just a generic sales call,
Yes got the same bull from my local dealer when it was booked in for the recall airbag job. "You've got a really rare model we would love to purchase etc etc" - After I had spent a fortune on a new car :wacko: