What's new

double din unit

Yes fitted an x tron in my mates car. Same setup. Might need a little modding

Yes i have one but tbh there not that great its ways popping out need to make up a bracket of some sort. Just time and effort really. Ill upload a picture of mine.

Looks good

No worries only problem is if you have the premium sound system it can be an arse ache if your putting an aftermarket stereo into it. I had to bypass the amp because it didnt sound great coz there were 2 amps in affect, one being the one built in the stereo and the cars standard amp which double amped the speakers. If you need any help doing it i can help you out.

IMG_0306_zpse4b60d24.jpg

Its just for the purpose of being able to see the HVAC display on the OEM LCD. You will need some scotch connectors and connect up the black, yellow, red and orange wires for illumination of the OEM unit mate.

The one I used came with a wiring harness that allows the OEM unit to be plugged in and also deeds the new unit.

As for the premium sound problem. I used the RCA pre outs to connect to the amp inputs. If you know your way around a soldering iron it's easy to knock up some adaptors.

Here's a picture of the harness with my adapters attached with scotchloks to test.

Any tutorial for this?

Like are there any connectors on the standard HU that you plug in the aftermarket? I didn't properly check when I installed my xcarlink, I installed some new Vibe 6x9's in the back, they sound good, but definitely can do a hell of alot better.

Would of liked to keep to the standard HU but its not gonna give anything else good (Unless its possible to add an aftermarket amp to it?), Its the standard HU not the premium or nav.

I done the rca converter which worked but only allowed the subs to drop around 35hz but because of the custom made box ive had made it drops around the 16hz mark which the converter blocked any signal from 35hz and below. Which wasnt the kinda bass i wanted. Ao thats why i had to get a double din. I also wanted to keep standard head unit.