What's new

Lowering Tourer

Do it! I lowered mine two years ago on Apex Springs. There aren't many options for the Tourer, but I've been really happy with these springs. After fitting it was about £300 in total. The handling is much nicer with the lower ride height. I occasionally catch my mud flaps on speed bumps, but that's hardly the end of the world. I have a chunky custom exhaust too which occasionally slightly scrapes on speed bumps and multi-storey car park ramps, but it's very slight and nothing to worry about.

NewWheels_zpsa0763e99.jpg

I thought we got tourers to "load" all sorts of ***** in the back, at least I did, so the lowering bit does not compute, if you want a low tourer get over to a bscc meet and see if they have one of those "civic" jobs going spare.

I don't need to be able to take heavy loads, just large, bulky loads (electric pianos, guitars and other musical equipment).

But when I moved a load of heavy stuff when moving house this summer, it had no problems with the boot and rear cabin fully loaded with heavy boxes of books and so on.

It's a 40mm drop on a car that sits extremely high on stock suspension. It's hardly like we're rolling arches and having the bumpers 10mm off the floor ;) .

Very simple to lower aswell the rear took be all of 20mins as the springs are separate to the shocks on a tourer so a few bolts and there out :)

front are pretty simple aswell so don't let garages charge loads

Wow! Looks stunning mate! Good work.

The car looks great Al.

Wheels look very similar spec to mine?
What widths and ETs are they, and how much arch work have you had?