What's new

Who has a remapped Type S 2.2 iDTEC

Hondacivicnut

Members
Reaction score
Car
Civic 2.2 iCTDi
Hi guys,

Myself and Jon have been having a discussion about retrofitting a clutch and DMF from a Type S Accord to either the earlier 2.2 iCTDi Accord or 2.2 Civic. What I'd like to know is, those of you who have had remaps on your Type S, what sort of torque/power was it remapped to and do you have any clutch slip issues with the standard clutch?

The reason why I'm asking this is, there's been a big debate over on Civinfo about CG clutches, SMF's, DMF's, which setup is better etc etc etc. I'd like to keep my car as oem feel as possible and fit a Honda clutch that can handle a remap without slipping. I have the later 325 clutch on mine but they're still hit and miss as to whether they can handle the torque after a remap. Hence why I'm thinking the Type S 180 iDTEC clutch and DMF is a viable option.

Many thanks in advance

I guess these may be a bit rare Mick... if Fahad didn't know of any then it looks definitely looks that way. Shame.

Sorry I replied directly to Mick's PM

I've done a few but the only member on here I don't think is a member anymore. Have a look in the premier tuning forum section for details

F6HAD said:
Sorry I replied directly to Mick's PM

I've done a few but the only member on here I don't think is a member anymore. Have a look in the premier tuning forum section for details
I've had a good read of that. Seems the 180 Type S can take a good dose of extra torque.

I've got a type s just haven't had it mapped yet :/ can't find anyone who has it done either as I wanted to find out if it slips too

I've been in touch with someone from Chester area who was selling their type s just before Xmas, he's had his remapped up to 235 bhp by Celtic tuning and apparently he hasn't had any issues at all. P.s. he didn't sell it and pulled it off eBay after 2 days because he said it's such a nice car and couldn't part with it.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding 0-60 times or mpg?

235bhp sounds remarkable!

Hi all just signed up and searching around and came across this post.

I have a type s and only just had it tuned with no issues from a clutch point of view engages very with as it did before. That said prob only 400 miles since tune so not a fair test at this point.

Cheers

Oh also mpg did go up was getting 39mpg always on motorway now on motorway same conditions 70mph cruise getting high 44.xmph

I've mine mapped to 198 using a crowd called torqutronix, it has been mapped for 2 years now with DPF removed and deprogrammed, never had a problem

Hi,im just new to this forum but i am having the clutch slipping issue with my 2010 idtec 150bhp after a remap to about 190bhp,it hasnt got any worse since it started slipping a year ago and sometimes dosent slip at all but will be changing the clutch soon and was thinking of fitting a type s one,does anyone know is this a direct fit into a 150bhp model

Mine is not Type S but after 150bhp stock got DPF/EGR delete + remap, I manage to get 49mpg cruise at 80-90mph in Europe continent motorways. Fully loaded boot, some heavy stuff inside between seats + 2 adults and 1 toddler. Fuel consumptions been calculated from brim to brim.

accorddtecirl said:
Hi,im just new to this forum but i am having the clutch slipping issue with my 2010 idtec 150bhp after a remap to about 190bhp,it hasnt got any worse since it started slipping a year ago and sometimes dosent slip at all but will be changing the clutch soon and was thinking of fitting a type s one,does anyone know is this a direct fit into a 150bhp model
Personally I would look for http://www.sachsperformance.com/index.php?language=en
I used their stuff for my xc90 clutch and didnt get a problem afterwards. Perfect for 1st stage mods.

235bhp maybe doable.

I got my dpf and egr removed and got it mapped. Im running 228bhp. But ive also had a 5 paddle performance clutch made to handle the torque.
Its been running nearly 2 years. Mever had a probblem. Although the 5 paddle clutch does feel heavy and abit harsh at time.

Our stage 2 goes to 232bhp with dpf and egr off.

I've never put them side to side, but I would imagine through the gears it will get away. However from a standing start.. i think the K24 will get away.

I have been a member on here for a while but only lurking in the background.

Fahad Mapped, removed the DPF and Disabled the EGR on my 2011 Type S Tourer earlier on this year.

It made a huge difference to performance and economy and his customer service is excellent, can't recommend it enough.

Also, I have not noticed any difference in the clutch - no slipping or juddering and it's just ticked over 100K miles.

Fahad did my 7th gen
Outstanding service and car was awesome
The only reason I haven't done my type s is the clutch
The flywheel is the same in 180 type s as 150 ex and according to what I've been told by Honda it really should have been upgraded
I've had my clutch and flywheel replaced by Honda at their cost which they said was approximately £3500 I was told, my car has 80000 hence clutch required
Yes you can upgrade but I didn't want the hassle of it
I've got an upgraded clutch on my Crx sir and civic type r but they are a bit harsh setting off
If I wasn't bothered about the clutch or flywheel cost I'd jump at getting it mapped as it is nowhere near as good a car to drive as my 7th gen with stage 2 Egr delete that Fahad did
If your not bothered about clutch get it done car is much better

Thanks for the recommendation Lee. Not seen you in ages mate, hope all is well.

All well mate hope all is with yourself
Looks like moving to another role within company which would force company car this time :-(
That would mean accord would definitely have to go as I've got 4 cars plus wife's and eldest daughters
An importer from up here was after it so don't think I'll have much of a problem selling it

You won't have a problem selling it for sure. I remember your last one went to Malta, it was so nice the guy came over to buy it.