What's new

Brake bleed sequence?

t111bul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex Tourer
Hi guys,

I'm going to be changing my rear callipers and all 4 flexi brake hoses on my 2003 Accord Tourer on Saturday and as i will be breaking down all the brakes i need to know what the bleeding sequence is, can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Tim

Going to flush the brake fluid through in the morning. Can anyone tell me the sequence for the 7th gen and should i just get a bottle of fluid from Honda? what dot is it......?

Going to do a full service inc the dreaded FF.

^^^ Thanks, didn't manage to do it today as i forgot to pick up the brake fluid, are the fluids in the clutch and ps the same?

Full service complete, all done in around 3hrs first time too. The rear nut on the FF bracket is a pain but just takes patience. I also noted you can just undo the two rear bolts holding the bracket to the bulkhead pull it forward and the rear nut easily comes off. I didn't try that but it definately seems a easier way of doing it. Any comments?

Changed FF after 20k and improvement felt, definately benefitted from oil change even though before schedule, Thanks to Andy (oil baron) for the oil discount he secured.

Salim your right. It us easier to loosen the rear two. Did my bosses a few weeks ago.

You loosened your bosses two nuts a few weeks ago? Well I hope you got that promotion after all that :lol:

Sal - not tried that method, but in my new socket set I have a small 3/8 flexible extension bar and I think that will be perfect for the next time I do it. Usually I just use a spanner and a lot of patience.

I'm surprised this is the first time you did your own service, I thought you'd been doing this for years!!

Are you asking if the clutch and power steering fluids are the same? I don't think so but could be wrong. Never topped up the PS fluid yet.

^^^ Thanks, didn't manage to do it today as i forgot to pick up the brake fluid, are the fluids in the clutch and ps the same?

Full service complete, all done in around 3hrs first time too. The rear nut on the FF bracket is a pain but just takes patience. I also noted you can just undo the two rear bolts holding the bracket to the bulkhead pull it forward and the rear nut easily comes off. I didn't try that but it definately seems a easier way of doing it. Any comments?

Changed FF after 20k and improvement felt, definately benefitted from oil change even though before schedule, Thanks to Andy (oil baron) for the oil discount he secured.

Brake and clutch fluid = same

PS fluid is totally different like transmission fluid

It was on the accord, dealer service before that plus interim oil changes myself. done a few on other mate.

Thanks Andy that clarifies it.

Cheers Paul that confirms what i thought.

Damn....important information missing.

Cheers bud - found it in another post - stuff looks like dehydrated alcy pee :lol:

Will see tomorrow when it goes fro a "proper" drive. Little test run afterwards had no warm alloys and no horrid noises.

I was wondering if very worn pads can lead to excess heat build up?