A few suspension questions.........

skinnyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4 Type S
Morning all,

Right, my car - 2006 2.4 Type S saloon

Firstly, from factory the facelift Type S is around 15mm lower than the standard model, is the only difference the springs? Or do they also have different dampers?

Secondly, the 25-30mm drop mentioned from the A-spec suspension, I'm guessing this is on the standard model, so will only drop the Type S around 10-15mm more than it already is?

Thirdly, is anyone running the Eibach pro springs on a Facelift Type S? Keen to know what sort of drop I'll get, as even in Type S form the Accord ride height is laughable.

All this has stemmed from the fact I'll soon need 4 new tyres and a wheel refurb on the standard 17" Enkei's. However, I figured if the refurb is going to cost me say £200 is it a good opportunity to upgrade to the 18" Sigmas, as tyres are only another £10/corner. If I can get some Sigma's for say £250, add on the tyre price, it's only another £90 to upgrade the whole package to 18's, but then I'm likely to need a little drop, otherwise it might look a bit daft.

Lastly, is anyone running the 18" Sigmas on a facelift Type S? Either with standard right height or lowered?

Also, if lowering with the Eibach springs is a camber kit required? Or will a full alignment on the new suspension & wheels suffice?

Sorry for all the questions, my Accord has remained standard since purchasing 18mths ago, but feel it's time I gave it some love, I've neglected it if I'm honest due to a house purchase and our first child.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris.

I run the Eibach springs on the cl9, yes it better than oem height lol. The back sits nice, front is a wee tad on the high side.

I used apex springs, drops the front by 40mm and the rear by 35mm, the ride is fine, I had eibach on my focus st and I can't notice any difference, only price!

Only thing after 8 months I had to change my front shock absorbers as one started leaking, coincidence? I don't know, the car had covered 140k miles so I just put it down to that.

Honestly, I wish I had saved and gone for coilovers, as I would like it lower still! But then I am only on 17'' penta.

I had my front shocks replaced last March due to leaking, only covered 55k though!

I don't want to go super low, just as low as it should have come from the factory. Audi's and especially BMW M sports look fine on stock suspension, the Accord is laughable, even the facelift Type S.

Yeh far to tall aren't they.

Another reason I chose apex was that it dropped the front a touch more than the back.