What's new

Bodywork quotes

skinnyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4 Type S
Howdy chaps,

I know bodywork quotes can vary widely from region to region, and quality of work. However, do these prices sound about right to people. All parts are removed, repaired, painted and oven dried:

Front bumper - £200
Rear bumper - £200
Bonnet - £300

Happy with the bumper quotes, but £300 for a bonnet repray seems a bit high? There's some laquer peel about 3" round from some bird ****, the rest of the bonnet is fine.

Any thoughts?

Ive just had my bonnet resprayed as it was all faded like most of the car and it cost me £150 and it is now mint

Bodywork quotes are very variable, seems to me to be down to the quality of the preparation and how many coats they do.

Obviosly a quick £150 blow over, will look good for a couple of years, but will have less coats and be a quicker job with less prep.

If you plan to keep your car for several years, it would be best to check how many coats and how good the prep is, and any guarantee they give.

Also check with Holdcroft Honda, they can supply bumpers sprayed ready to fit. For example the 8th gen ones were £250, so if you are able to fit it yourself and then sell the old one, can be a better deal.

In general those are normal customer prices. The paint is a big portion the price, but not as high as they claim. They will always state this.

£200 for a good prep and spray on a bumper is about right. In that you paying £90 for the paint then about £100ish for labour.

It can done for £120ish if you prep the bumper yourself, they then just charge 1hrs labour for spraying. But i dont reccomend that. Ive been down that road before, never again!

Depending where you live you can message Fahad on this forum, he has paintshop contacts.

i think there is a new technology that allows you to remove old paint without any hassle and bring the surface back to primer.

These are chemical based, used in aviation for removing paints on jets and boeings. I am sure they are available for cars as well. Just need to spare and leave around for 24 hrs in 25-30 celsius temperature. wash the surface and then remove any chips on primer by prepping where needed.

Repaint and enjoy....

I think this will safe some cost if you advise this to body worker. I have same issue with my car and want to get paint done on my car bonnet. Really after some good work and cheap quotes. Any help?

the 150 i spent on my bonnet was a mate who owns a body shop and he sanded it rite back down and did a proper job doing alot more coats than would usually as its the milano red so it was to stop from fading again as the previous owner looked after the car mechanically but body wise he let it down

Honestly, £200 bumpers is a bit steep, £300 also, it does depend on damage condition and paint used ie metallic, pearl, solid colour etc. Bad condition I'd do it for £400, good condition £300. That's for all of it.

I wouldn't recommend prepping yourself, in fact I advise against it. Even if you know how to prep properly, every painter has their own way and prep finish...

Not sure where you are I'm in Brighton.

where abouts are you wahabishtiaq im in the midlands worcestershire if you are local then im sure i could get it done

I've got a guy in Devon that seems to charge about £150 for just about any panel. Hes very good.

150 for any panel is old school pricing, which means you probably got a,good old school painter, 2k boy..stick with him.