Not open for further replies.

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Hi everyone,

I just want to take a moment to remind everyone about forum etiquette as there have been two or three threads of late that have significantly diminished in terms of quality of content. So:

• Please respect that people are different and just because someone doesn't share your opinion, or drives a different car to you, doesn't mean things need to descend in bickering. All of the people can't be all right all of the time...
  • Please keep on-topic, otherwise the threads become messy and unhelpful
  • No Trolling! If you suspect trolling, report it. Please don't feed trolling by responding to trolling comments
  • Please don't make personalised comments directed at other forum members that could be interpreted as unkind, or some form of cyber bullying. This includes comments relating to intellectual ability and/or uploading memes or satirical images directed at specific forum members.
  • Absolutely No Petrol Vs Diesel Arguments, it's just boring and the internet is full of it already
  • Be mindful of "Banter". What you may consider to be "Banter", someone else may consider to be hurtful or insulting
  • If engaged in a heated discussed, think before you post... How would you feel if someone said to you, what you were about to say to them...?
  • Please don't say unkind things about how people choose to modify and/or style their cars
  • Keep general chat in the general sections and keep tech talk in the tech sections. Absolutely no posting of unhelpful/critical comments in the tech sections. For example: "Just buy a CL9 instead..." is NOT a helpful comment!
  • And lastly, the good old saying of If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...
I think that's pretty clear and I know most of you do this naturally, without thinking about it. But it never hurts to remind everyone that this is a community of Honda Accord owners (past and present) and communities are at their best when there's a shared respect and understanding for all the beneficial diversity and wide knowledge-base within the community. So please keep just doing what you do.

If you suspect you may be guilty of the odd thing listed above, act on it and change for future posting. No one will hold it against you :) .

If you suspect someone's being deliberately unhelpful, argumentative, trolling etc, please just report it to myself or one of the admin and we'll deal with it. Don't respond to trolling or antagonistic posts, regardless of how tempting it may be.

Thanks guys

Thanks Steve, very well put.

Any breach of these rules will result in deletion of your post, and restrictions placed on your account. I like to think we are pretty relaxed here, so it would be a shame to have to start taking any type of action.

Keep it friendly people.

Cheers

Fahad.

Status
Not open for further replies.