What's new

Best way to get white paint specs off bodywork?

Skogshuggare

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2005
Hey Forum,
I seemed to have picked up some white paint specs from somewhere in the past couple of days. Most of them are less than half a millimetre.
Best and easiest way to remove them?

I wouldn't t-cut it :unsure: If it's actually paint I'd say get a detailer to machine polish it, or if it's just some dirt/contamination then I'd clay it off.

Clay bar usually works well here or some good quality polish like maguires paint cleaner which is stage 1 of 3 in a detailing process.

TypeR said:
Clay bar usually works well here or some good quality polish like maguires paint cleaner which is stage 1 of 3 in a detailing process.
Yeah didn't think of clay bar.

Dare I even mention acetone or petrol...? (Obviously being washed off immediately)

I've never tried them but would probably go with clay bar fort and see how you get on.

I have used wd-40 before to get masking tape glue off a car before bur washed straight after. Again at your own judgment really

TypeR said:
I've never tried them but would probably go with clay bar fort and see how you get on.
I have used wd-40 before to get masking tape glue off a car before bur washed straight after. Again at your own judgment really
Thanks yeah I will try the clay.
I'll let you know how it goes.